CHAPTER 1 - The Return

In the vast of the Lavin Galaxy, a wreck of a ship drifted through space. It has travelled through two galaxies in its time as a wreck,pulled apart by the gravity of force that Halo created as it destroyed its own galaxy.

Two beings lived in the wreck, survivors of the blast. One was Master Chief. Sleeping in an ice pod and the other was Cortana. Doing all she can to transfer all the life-support energy to the sleeping pod for him.

It has been two years since Halo blew up. Cortana hasn't had any contact with anybody since that time. But it was suspected. How could anyone survive the explosion, pulled off the main part of the ship and survive two years in space with minimal oxygen levels?

Master Chief can, because luck is always on his side. That's why she chose to be with him instead of the others. Because he had something that they didn't. And that is luck.

It is now that Cortana notices something in the distance.

Another Halo.

"Wha-?"she started.

She hacked into the system once again and started the defrosting system of the pod. "He must see this." She exclaimed.

The defrosting completed and the pod opened.

An unsteady hand reached out and grabbed the rim.

Master Chief's head appeared out of the pod. He put both of his legs out and tried to stand. Only to fail and slump down on the ground on his stomach.

"Don't worry," Cortana said, "that's the effects of the sleeping pod when you've used it for a prolonged time."

"That happens to normal humans. I'm a cyborg. Why is it happening to me?"Master Chief asked annoyingly.

"That is because you still have human anatomy. You are not all robot."Cortana answered back.

Finally Master Chief was able to stand up.

"Why did you wake me up?" he asked, "I thought I said for you to wake me up when you needed me."

"You did," Cortana said and then pointed, "And this is an emergency."

Master Chief walked over to the window and looked out at the way that she pointed and noticed the Halo.

He turned around. "I thought we destroyed the Halo galaxy?" he asked.

"We did."

"Then why is there a Halo out there?"

"That's what I wanted you to see. I don't know why."

Master Chief turned around and grabbed the only weapons around. An assault rifle and an SMG. "Well, are we going to find out?"

"Yes.Yes we are." Cortana answered as Master Chief grabbed her chip and entered an escape pod destined for the Halo.