45 | don't tell harry

strumming my pain with his fingers

singing my life with his words

killing me softly with his song - fugees (1996)

A/N: Please make sure you read Chapter 44 before reading this chapter if you haven't already; the notifications didn't go out for my last update. Sorry if you missed it :(

July 14th, 1998

"Hey, lovebirds!"

I'm jolted awake and the world is suddenly bouncing up and down, which is not helping with the pounding in my head.

I cling to Harry as I look up, trying to blink away all of the disorientation, but when I open my eyes to find myself outside on a trampoline staring up at Connor jumping over us, I only feel even more disoriented.

Oh, shit.

I'm lying on top of Harry and Connor is staring at us. Why the fuck are we still outside? Did we not come in last night?

I quickly scramble off of Harry, but his eyes are still closed and he grumbles in unintelligible annoyance, blindly wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me back down on top of him.

"Uh, w—we aren't—." I look up at Connor, then back to Harry as he continues to cling to me and tries to bury his face into my chest, then back to an amused Connor. "This isn't—nothing's going on—."

"Nova, you announced to the whole house last night that Harry broke your vagina. We all know what's going on." Connor says, unfazed.

I did what?

Oh shit...I did do that, huh?

He kicks at Harry's leg, making him groan and dig deeper into my chest.

"I...we...but it's—." I don't even know what I'm trying to say.

Connor rolls his eyes. "Relax. I knew you two were fucking ever since I walked in on you guys leaving the basement bathroom together. Shower sex really isn't all they make it out to be, is it?"

My eyes go wide. "We were not fooling around back then."

Actually, we started fooling around that night, but that's beside the point.

Connor scrunches his nose at me. "Then what the fuck were you guys doing in there—."

Harry suddenly huffs out in frustration and lifts his head to look up at Connor. "What the fuck do you want—." He cuts himself off as soon as he opens his eyes and really takes in his surroundings, then mumbles, "What the fuck."

"Yeah. The shop opens in ten."

Harry's breath hitches and he's suddenly sitting up straight, practically knocking me off to the side in the process. "What time is it?"

"10 to 8."

"Shit."

"It's alright. I took care of the morning shift."