why wont you answer me

tina's pov
monday

it's been almost a week since louise was first in the hospital leaving us with minimal 2 more weeks. yet it feels like 2 more years, this first week felt like it took forever and more. on another note gene still hasn't told mom and dad about being genderfluid he keeps telling me it would be selfish because louise is more important right now and i can't seem to convince him otherwise so i've been the only one calling him different pronouns. so far the only different ones have been they and she which is kinda weird to start saying but i think it's make her more confident. the doctor said that louise has been healing well which was great but it didn't take away from the fact it was overly depressing. i'm at school for the first time sense then and no one knows about louise mostly because it's high school and no one knows her. but i can't imagine what's been going on with gene. i hope they're not being overwhelmed or bombarded. and mr frond? oh god id say i hope he won't pull a frond but i know he will it's just him. last night mom and dad told me they want me to come home drop off my bag and walk to his school so i can walk him home. this whole thing hit them hard. i couldn't imagine not having one of my kids in their own home. i think they're being overly cautious now, dad won't even let me behind the grill. i hope this passes when louise comes home. they're also distant, it's like they aren't here. but it's been a lot easier to deal with now that i've accepted what happened. it's happened and there's nothing to change it. all i can do it wait. i write about her in my journal a lot. and i miss her, some times i write letters instead of diary entries, no response clearly. we still can't talk to her so it's the best thing i have. luckily this hasn't affected my grades which i'm grateful for because i don't think i'd be able to handle more stress. i make it through the day without breaking down in class and managing to make it home. "hey tina did it go ok today?" dad asked when i walked in. "yea i didn't focus much but it'll go away, probably." "that's good tina. so before you go get your brother we got you something." mom pulled out a bag and i opened it. it was a phone. "so we know you've been wanting some and this whole thing made us realize it's important for you to have one so here, it's charged so you can take it with you to show gene and stuff." dad told me. "oh my god. thank you. finally." "ok now go get your brother." "alright." i fidget with my new phone the whole way there i'm super excited about it.

genes pov
monday

dad agreed to drive me to school today for my first day back and so i didn't have to be alone. i liked it because it meant i could sleep in more. when i got to school andy, ollie, and rudy came up to me asking about louise. "where is she?" "is she coming back soon?" i told rudy the whole story even how we ended up there and updated the twins telling them she would be back soon, only 2 more weeks. talking about it to other people is calming but i think rudy's struggling. he keeps taking a puff of his inhaler every 4 seconds. "rudy? rudy it's ok she's not dying she just has a concussion." i try to tell him. he stutters out "asthma- attack" well shit. i take him to the school nurse who takes care of him. and go to class as the bell was about to ring anyway. to no surprise though i run into frond. he hasn't done anything wrong i'm just mad at him for thinking he can help. he can't. nothing can. so of course when he starts talking i ignore him and then blown him off. i wonder if tina's dealing with any of this. when i get to class courtney and alex keep asking where i was, i just tell them i was sick i don't think louise would trust them enough to know. i mean i know how she is with rudy and the twins which is why i let them know. i know they actually cared. i hope they don't tell millie though that would be creepy. who knows what she would do, probably show up at the hospital. i pretty much got the whole day to do make up work which ended pretty well for me because it felt like i had no thoughts in my brain anyway. sitting at lunch without louise was weird. it made me feel like an only child. the twins sat with me and we tried to avoid the topic of louise. which was also weird, avoiding my sister? she's gone not dead. maybe i shouldn't really be judging the twins i know they share a brain cell but i can tell they miss her. i wouldn't be surprised if they didn't really know how to handle it but i mean they have each other. i wonder if they told jimmy junior, they probably did in the language that they have. something else that happened was when i walking home tina ended up being there waiting for me. "hey T, what's happening?" "mom and dad wanted me to walk you today, you know how they are now." tina answered. "oh ok then cool. hey what's that." "gene you won't believe it. mom and dad's overprotectiveness ended in my favor. they bought me a phone, a good one too." "how did they pay for that? what about louise's bill?" gene asked. "oh. i didn't think of that. i have no idea." after that we went home in silence and continued the new routine we've made; close the restaurant, eat as a family, go see louise, come home, go to sleep and repeat. every time we see her i always have a little hope she'll be awake but it hasn't happened yet and it crushes me every single time.