gonna get you back (end)

no pov
                                 wednesday

bob and linda were working at the restaurant when linda got the call. "bobby! she's awake we gotta go get the kids and drive down there." "ok ok let's go." lucky for them no one was in the restaurant so it seemed like time was on there side, they went and picked up tina first but there was a line to get to the office. by the time the parents had gotten to the front they were pretty annoyed yet tina had come down as quickly as she could hoping it was what she thought it was. and she was correct. louise had woken up and they were off too see her but first they needed to get gene from his school. genes school had no line but gene took his time walking to get picked up in fear of what they may have to say. his fear was wrong. the whole car was filled with excitement even bob going above speed limit to make it to the hospital. normally the belchers would have had bad luck and gotten stopped by a cop but not today. they managed to make it to the hospital in a timely manner. they were all excited finally getting to see louise after weeks of waiting. only to be stopped by a doctor. "look i know you guys are excited but her head hurts very badly and you'll need to whisper. she doesn't seem to have amnesia or any other problems but her head still hurts. do i have permission to give her some pain medicine for it?" "yes you can." bob said. "ok you guys know where she is." the family went into the room too see louise fiddling with her kuchi kopi they had left on her night stand. "hi guys." "hey louise." both linda and bob said. "mom mom." "yes sweetie?" "what day is it? and what time is it? and how long have i been here? the doctors didn't tell me." "it's wednesday but you've been in a coma for 3 weeks." linda said. "we missed you at home." tina said. "and school, andy ollie and rudy keep asking about you." gene added. "you told rudy? why he wasn't even there?" louise asked. "well he wanted to know and he was worried, safe to say more than the twins." gene told her. "yeah but the twins still came to see you." tina said. "well that's just their language. did any one tell you when i can go home?" louise asks looking at her parents. "no, actually no one told us. we can ask when the doctor comes back with your medicine." bob told his daughter. "and where's my hat? i need it." she asked. "it's in my purse i've been carrying it around sense we got it from the nurse." linda gave louise her ears which she eagerly put on. "oww" louise groaned. "louise maybe you shouldn't wear it yet." tina said. "no i don't care if it hurts i'm wearing them." louise protested back. "could you atleast wait for the medicine?" bob requested. "hmm fine." and as if on cue the nurse walked into give her the medicine. "do you know when we can take her home?" linda asked. "well since she has no obvious issues and her vitals are fine we'll need to keep her for an over night stay but then you could take her home the next day. you'll need to be careful though, it might be hard for her to walk she'll need a lot of help." the nurse said. "yea right." louise mumbled. "ok thank you." linda said. "of course" the nurse said as she left the room. "louise do you... wanna talk about what happened?" gene asked. "no i already know what happened i was there. i'd rather you guys tell me what i missed." louise said hoping for something to lighten the awkward mood. tina went on a whole rant about her new phone and how much she uses it. bob and linda spoke about all the calls to the school they've made and all the trips to the hospital they made to come see louise. gene told her how weird it was sitting at lunch without louise. so in the end louise was never really alone. louise told them about the weird state she was in and how time definitely went faster there. but sadly all good things come to an end as her family had too leave. however louise was optimistic. she would sleep well tonight and go home tomorrow and everything would be back to normal. she'd go to school, no questions asked and continue to be the most rebellious of her family. this was the very opposite of what really happened. she slept awful with a nurse coming in every few hours and waking her up. getting home was a night mare that took hours of paper work and traffic. just to top it off with not being able to make up the stairs on her own. and she couldn't do anything alone without constantly being checked on. she ended up spending most of her recovering sleeping it away because that was the only real time when her head didn't hurt. it took all that for louise to realize it would not go back to normal. and that she can't pretend nothing happened. even gene had come out with new pronouns, so the gene before and now? we're never going to be the same. not only had her life changed but her siblings too. she started to feel like she ripped the family apart as things fell down hill. and school wasn't better either, people would not leave alone including teachers and frond who tried to counsel her. meaning that louise had changed too. now she was angry all the time. angry at this never ending headache that she and the people around her had become. it really was her fault wasn't it? all she wanted was to spend more time with her brother before she was left alone but all she did was push everyone further away.