midnight snack

matt's pov

it was currently a little past midnight and y/n had fallen asleep a little bit ago, but i was still awake as i wasn't able to fall asleep quite yet.

i looked down at her, small pieces of her hair gently resting on her face as she slept on her side peacefully.

i smiled as i carefully moved the hair out of her face, trying not to wake her up.

i then leaded down, kissing her forehead before standing up, deciding to grab a snack from the kitchen.

once i arrived in the kitchen, i decided to warm up the rest of the noodles from dinner.

i quietly placed the bowl in the microwave and put it in for thirty seconds, checking instagram while i waited.

the microwave then started beeping, making me jump.

"shit," i muttered as i opened the microwave and grabbed the bowl of noodles, placing it onto the counter.

i then grabbed the butter from the fridge and a knife from the silverware drawer, cutting a piece of butter from the stick and putting it into my pasta.

after i put the butter back into the fridge, i turned around to see y/n wrapped up in my blanket, looking as cute as ever.

"hey baby," i smiled small.

"hi, what're you doing up?" she asked, looking up at me.

i replied, "well, i couldn't sleep and then i got hungry."

she chuckled, "only you."

"you want some pasta?" i offered, nodding toward the bowl.

she shook her head, "no, i'm gonna go back to your room and wait for you to get back."

"i love you," i said.

"i love you too," she replied with a smile as she walked back to my room.

i smiled as i returned to my bowl of noodles.

after i finished my noodles, i put my bowl into the sink before heading back to my room, seeing y/n on her phone.

"took you long enough," she joked, putting her phone on the nightstand on her side.

"shush, i was savoring the flavor," i replied, laughing softly.

i then climbed back into my bed, laying down next to y/n.

she covered me with the blanket and laid her head on my chest.

i started playing with her hair before saying, "sorry for waking you up."

"it's okay, i'm just glad it wasn't chris this time because i would've beaten his ass," she chuckled.

i smiled, "yeah, he always wakes you up on purpose."

"i know he does. now, you should try and get some sleep, mister," she said, looking up at me.

"who're you calling mister?" i joked.

"you," she grinned, planting a quick kiss on my lips.

"okay, mom," i chuckled.

"shut up, i love you, baby," she said softly as she got comfortable.

"i love you too," i replied softly with a smile.

a/n - ugh this sucks-