dancing in the rain

"thank you for this, matt. i really needed this," you commented as you rested your head on your boyfriend's shoulder.

"you're welcome, love. i fuckin' love you, i hope you know that," he said as he gently held your hand.

you smiled, "i love you too," as you admired how perfectly your hand fit in his.

then, you felt a sudden rain drop hit your face, making you jump out of surprise.

"seriously?" you mumbled as you looked up at the now cloudy sky.

matt said, "it's okay, beautiful. this isn't going to ruin my time with you."

just as he said that, it started down pouring, making a frown form on your face.

all of a sudden, matt pulled you up from the bench and spun you around, the rain immediately soaking the both of you.

you let out a laugh as he did so, looking into his blue eyes.

he stared back into yours before pressing his lips to your own, making you immediately melt into the kiss.

after about a minute, you pulled away with a toothy grin on your face.

matt then grabbed your hand again, twirling you around a couple times before pulling you flush against his chest.

"this is so much better than i imagined this date to go," you pointed out.

matt nodded in agreement, dipping you toward the ground.

"my beautiful girl," he muttered.

his comment made your heart flutter and your cheeks turned beet red with warmth, although the rain made it cold.

he brought you back upright before saying, "we should probably go back home."

"yeah, i'm fucking freezing," you said as you wrapped your arms around yourself.

and with that, the two of you walked back to matt's house, hand in hand.