Insert 1

Beauty’s POV:
It’s 7am and I’m dreading to wake up. I have to go to work and I’m not ready to put on a fake smile all day. This has been my life for the past 2 years, wake up, bath, eat, go to work wearing a fake smile, go home, eat, sleep and repeat. I get out of bed and prepare myself for work. Well I work for myself and I own the most well known accounting firm called BM&co. I am my own boss yes, boss girl moves I know. I make a smoothie and get into my Mercedes Benz CLS 453 AMG. On my way to work I receive a call from my from my PA, Bontle Ngobeni telling me I have an unwanted visitor. It can only be Lethabo, smh. I call my best friend Ayanda Sithole a very well known lawyer who owns the Sithole&co law firm. I let her know that I have an unwanted visitor and that she should be on standby incase anything happens. Well knowing my bestfriend she decided it’s best she comes to my firm before heading to her law firm.

I arrive at my office building and take the private elevator to my floor which is on the top floor, I’m the only one on that floor together with my PA. I get to my office and I find Aya and Bontle already waiting for me. I tell Bontle to let the visitor in. Lo and behold, Lethabo walks in. Now hear me out Lethabo hasn’t talked to me for 7 full days so imagine how I’m feeling right now. It was silent until Aya’s savage ass kicked in.
Aya: Heh Rra o batlang fa? (Sir, what do you want here)
Lethabo: I’m here for my woman
Beauty: the same woman you ghosted for 7 full days? The same woman you cheat on with 25 other women? The same woman whom you’ve broken into pieces? The same woman who feels belittled because of you? Lastly the same woman who loved you more than anyone and who stood by your side when you had no one. So nice of you to remember me.
Lethabo: I didn’t mean to cheat, I don’t know what got into to me. I’m sorry lerato laka.
Aya: mhh lerato la gago all of a sudden. Just yesterday she was a hoe, a skinny ass woman and an unlovable person. Mhh so good of you hey.
Lethabo: I wasn’t talking to you, for a person who isn’t loved you seem to be forward.
Beauty: Lethabo you have the nerve to act like a hypocrite knowing very well that nobody loves you, even your so called friends that mislead you nxn.
Lethabo attempts to slap me and I duck and stand behind my office chair trembling.
Lethabo: I’m sorry I didn’t mean to do that, I don’t know what got into me. I’m really sorry.
Beauty: no it’s fine Lethabo, I’m used to this. I lost myself because of you, I lost my self-esteem and confidence because of you Lethabo. I don’t what happened, I don’t what changed, I don’t know what I did to receive the emotional abuse that you’ve put me through.
And just like that, tears started falling and I was sobbing with Aya trying to console me. Bontle gathered my things, put them into my handbag, took my car keys and drove me home. She went to the box that kept my car keys and took the keys to my Audi A1 before coming to me.
Bontle: Boss I’m going back to the office to reschedule all the meetings for this week, go to my apartment and fetch some few clothes and then I’m coming back. I’m spending the week with you. I’m not leaving you alone.
Beauty: Ok Bee, no problem. You’ll probably find me sleeping.
Bontle: OK chomp, I love you.
Beauty: I love you too nana.
I head to the elevator that takes me to my floor in the house. Yes I have my own house in my mansion. It has the main bedroom that has an ensuite bathroom which is obviously mine, a guest bedroom that also has an ensuite bathroom and a kitchen.
I got to my floor and went straight to my bedroom. I changed into an oversized hoodie and biker shots. Took my fleece blanket out of my closet and got into bed. Soon it was lights out for me.
I was woken up by a soft knock on my door. I told the person to come in and Bee walked in.
Bee: Chomp let’s go and eat, dinner is ready.
Beauty: OK nana, I’m coming.
I get out of bed and change into some track pants because it’s cold. I go down using the stairs until I get to the ground floor. I head to the lounge and guess who I find sitting there? The one and only Lethabo Michael Mokgau. I just looked at him, greeted Aya and sat down. Bontle brought my food and I ate in silence. When I was done eating, Bontle took my plate and brought me a bottle of wine and a wine glass. Aya then broke the silence as usual.
Aya: Mzala we’d like to have a meeting with you and Lethabo.
Bontle: We being me and Aya.
Beauty: okay.
Aya: Mzala I’ll start with you. As much as Lethabo has wronged you it was wrong of you to tell him that he is not loved by anyone, knowing how much it affected him. Wena Lethabo I don’t even wanna say anything. But you’ve disappointed me, I didn’t expect that from you and you’re lucky that I didn’t press charges.
Bontle: Chomp I get that you’re hurt but I don’t like what you did to Lethabo. Lethabo you’re like a big brother to me and I don’t like what you did to Chomp.
Beauty: I hate it when y’all are telling the truth. Well first of all Lethabo, I’m deeply sorry for what I said. I didn’t to do that and I shouldn’t have let my anger overcome me.
Lethabo: Rato, I’m sorry for trying to slap you. I’m not a woman eater and you know that. I’m sorry for letting my anger get over me.
Beauty: Mhm okay. Nice of you to call me Rato though, what happened to calling me a useless thing vele?
Lethabo looked away.
Aya: Mzala he called you what and when?
Beauty: Mzala there’s a lot that you don’t know and I’ll reveal all of that when I’m ready.
Bontle: Chomp lwena you can’t be bottling everything up. Otlile go bolaiwa ke pelo botlhoko le stress. (heartache and stress will be the death of you).
Beauty: Eish nana.
Aya: So Mzala and wena Lethabo, where does this leave the both of you.
Beauty: I’d love to take a break. I need to find myself and gain back my confidence and self-esteem.
Lethabo: Mara Rato, I thought we could fix things.
Me: What’s the use of fixing a broken relationship Lethabo?
Lethabo: fine, but don’t make me wait for too long.
Beauty: mxm.
Bontle: Chomp, it’s been a long day I think it’s best you go and sleep. I’ll see you tomorrow.
Beauty: But I’ve been sleeping the whole day.
Bontle: You need the rest nono.
Beauty: Okay fine. Goodnight Mzala, goodnight chomp. I love you both.
Lethabo: No goodnight Rato, no kiss, nothing?
Beauty: mxm tswa hela mogo nna. (leave me alone)
I walked out of the lounge and went to the elevator because I wasn’t in the mood of walking up the stairs. I got to my bedroom, got into bed and I was off to lala land.