Chapter 23

The sound of Brent Faiyaz's vocals ring through the house as Jay'Lana packed the rest of her swimsuits into the already full suitcase

It had been a full 24 hours and no call from Jordan could be heard, but he had the time to comment under her post.

Jay'Lana was once again hesitant to pick between her best friend and her boyfriend and it was tearing her to pieces.

He train of thought was cut off by the ring of the doorbell.

Sighing she picked up the folded up day outfit and stood up. Mind you her legs were slightly numb making her wobble a bit.

Walking to the front of the house she was met with a familiar face behind the glass door.

"Jordan what the hell are you doing here" she asked opening the door letting him in.

"I'm here to apologize, plus I bought food." He smiled holding out the takeout box.

"Excuse me? Jordan you can't just come in here and expect everything be fucking peachy after you ignored me for 2 day straight." Jay'Lana mugged.

Placing the food on the island he turned back to his love with a small frown on his face.

"I know I was wrong baby, but I just felt like you didn't want to spend time with me, and you were picking her over me."

Walking into the kitchen she grabbed two plates and handed them to him.

"Jordan are you serious my nigga, like deadass you coming up to me talking about some damn picking and choosing, it's my best friends fucking birthday week. It just so fucking happened to fall on the same week as your games." Frustration wasn't even the word she was feeling right now.

"Yes I know that but damn it's not my fault I wanna welcome my girlfriend to one of my most important games." He piled the rice onto the glass plate, and most created a crack.

"First off don't fucking crack my plates or ima make you buy 50 more, second there will be more times for me to come to your games, if anything you got 3 more the week after that. You know what Jordan you getting on my fucking nerves right now." She placed her hands on the counter and laid her head down.

A migraine was approaching from all the yelling and she did not feel like getting some ibuprofen all the way in her bathroom.

Seconds later she felt a pair of arms wrap around her body, and a head lay on her shoulder.

"Listen ma, I'm sorry for making you yell and for me being so complicated, I'm just ready for the world to see you at my games."

Jordan rubbed her shoulders in a comforting manner. He truly didn't want to make her mad he just wasn't used to these type of things.

"I understand that Jordan but sometimes I have things to do on my end that isn't always gonna match up with you and I just need you to be patient with me." She rubbed her temples.

"I know baby and I'm sorry, if you want me to I can help you pack." He mumbled into her hair. She had currently had it down from an overnight bun and he was loving the frizzy mess of it.

"Sure Jordan I really don't care right now." She grabbed her plate and walked to the back room where clothes were spread out everywhere.

"Why you got em in the guest room."

"Because I don't want to carry this heavy ass suitcase down the stairs in the morning, anymore questions from the nut gallery?"

They both placed their food on the small couch and got to folding clothes.

"I really am sorry you know that ma?"

Jay'Lana looked up to a Jordan who was already looking at her. Pushing his face closer she gave him a small peck making him smile.

"I know baby, and I'm not mad just a lil frustrated."

Those words let alone made him smile.

As long as she wasn't mad at him.

—————