Hands Across the Water- 7/2/22

A little backstory first:

Early this year I finally got into a Cappella at my school and I'm so excited 😊

We have our first practice of the year. For some reason, our teacher has to step out. While everyone else is completely bored on their phones, I decide to do what I always do and spend some time listening to some Beatles, or in this case, Paul.

However, I didn't really have any headphones, so I just tried to play it on a low volume (I do that normally when I'm in school on my iPad anyway, especially last year). So here I was, listening to Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey and enjoying it because it's an amazing song, possibly my favorite on Ram. It was going great until we got to the middle part.

For some reason it got louder during that part, which usually wouldn't be a problem for me since I adore that section of the song more than the rest. Unfortunately, the teacher was making a phone call and I didn't want to distract him. Thankfully, it must not have been long since he left his office and heard the magic of Paul McCartney's heavenly voice singing the line that everyone could clearly hear at this point:

"Admiral Halsey notified me, he had to have a berth or he couldn't get to sea. I had another look and I had a cup of tea and a butter pie. Butter pie? The butter wouldn't melt, so I put it in the pie."

His head perked up and he instantly took a liking to the track. The rest of the class? Not so much. But for him, I played some more Paul songs.

Hopefully this year I can get this to happen in real life... I have my ways.