018.

It was the day of the sleepover, also the day cassie or me had to tell Maddy she had been sleeping with nate

It was the day of the sleepover, also the day cassie or me had to tell Maddy she had been sleeping with nate. Cassie would probably freak so I would because lying to her is just wrong and she's had enough time.

I packed all my necessities in a random bag I had. Maddy was on her way so I went on the front porch to wait for her. I see her pull up and get in the car. "You excited?" I say with a smile. "Yeaa!" She shouts forming her face into a big smile.

We pull up to Cassie's house and knock on the door a couple time to come face to face with Kat, BB, Cassie and Lexi. Plus Suze Maddy and Cassie's mom. Cassie looked nervous and I knew exactly why.

"Let's bake brownies!" Lexi says with excitement after everyone puts there bags in the room. "I'm down." I say. Me and Lexi start making the brownie batter while the other girls talk. "What's going on with you and McKay?" Maddy asks Cassie.

"We're over, there's nothing there no more.." she says quietly laying her head low. "It's alright, maybe you should just focus on yourself while your single." Kat adds. "I want to, but I physically can't." Cassie states.

"Just try." I say tasting the brownie batter. "Omg this is good!" I shout then pouring the batter into the pan. We all start doing each others hair, i French braid maddys long black silky hair. "What's up with you and ash?" Maddy says.

"Uh, nothing.. we're just friends! I've told you guys this a million times literally." I say pressing my lips together. Suddenly before anyone can reply 2 loud knocks echo throughout the house. Lexi runs to the door and we follow her seeing Rue.

She looked terrible. When I say terrible, I mean terrible. She was a sweating mess, she looked like she just ran a mile with no water. "Hey Rue!" Maddy says giving her a hug. Everyone hugs her but she didn't hug back but awkwardly leaned forward.

Suze ends up coming down the stairs "hey rue, you okay?" She asks her face turning into a slight frown. "Yeaa." Rue says quietly holding her bladder. "You look terrible!" Suze says widening her eyes. "I mean really terrible." She continues.

"Yea I think I just have a cold or something." She shrugs. "Well don't get me sick I have a compromised immune system. Otherwise are you doing okay" she asks. Rue just nods trying to finish this conversation.

"How's your mom?" Suze asks. Rue nods once again. "I was think about her the other day." Suze adds. "She's good." Rue grins. "And how's your sister?" Suze asks once again. "Yea good." "You stayin clean?" Suze asks with a face of disapproval. Rue nods looking very unconvincing.

"How long have you been clean?" Suze asks. "Umm, since the summer time?" Rue states looking around. "Now are you in AA or are you in NA?" Suze questions. "NA." Rue nonchalantly says. "Good to hear, that's just terrific!" Suze says happy.