author's note

i had a dream when i was in high school. i was in a very hot and deserted place, and i met a guy. he wore a white t-shirt paired with black pants as he was paddling on his bicycle. melancholic. that's what i felt from the unknown place. with me just standing there, i could feel the sadness in the air and from the bare place with almost no trees and people.

suddenly, i came back from nowhere and asked to ride on his bike. but he didn't let me. he sounded so disappointed, and his eyes were very sad. it's like he knows how everything would end-tragic. he then turned away from me, disappearing from my eyesight. the dream was so gloomy that i could still feel the heavy emotions and picture it vividly even after i woke up.

that's when i decided to write a poem. and i wrote another one and another one, all inspired by my mysterious dream with a mysterious guy. then i published it on wattpad. at first, the poems were about my enchanting dreams. afterward, i added some about my life and friends.

every poem means so much to me. i put my heart and soul into writing all of them even if some are cringe or weird or not good. this collection is both a mosaic and a collage of being me. a montage of my teenage years. and i think that's enchanting.