Chapter 3

Her eyebrow twitched as she stared at the four boys. They were inside the cave once again. All four held suspicion. Marko and Paul seemed more excited than Dwayne and David seemed more agitated. He didn't want such a dangerous creature like herself around him or the others.

"Why don't you want to eat us?" David asked. His face held curiosity and seriousness. "I don't eat vampires. Anyone with blood that can turn the living is very distasteful. As you have seen it gives me a stomach ache and I'd rather not take a week for it to pass through." She patted her stomach. Just a sip or so had caused her to immediately throw up. How much can four men filled with it can do to her?

"Why are you in Santa Carla? I mean it is warm here but don't dragons like high places and solitude." She glared slightly. "No. Don't believe the stories humans tell you. Dragons like being with their clans. No matter the area but they'd rather somewhere not too hot or too cold. Like here. Where if you see something strange no one gives a shit." Marko chuckled. "Hell yeah that's true. All the loons live here." David nudged him and he fell quiet but still held a smile.

"Why are you here then? You weren't around anyone when he found you." She fell quiet and looked down. "I don't have anyone else. My parents died when I was young. Eight in human years. Twelve in dragon. Then my youngest siblings died. One was skinned while the other wasn't able to hatch. Then it was my twin... She died ten years ago. She died of a broken heart. Dragons have the ability to stop their own heart. It's hard to kill older dragons so they have their own methods." She finally stopped talking. So she was truly alone.

Alone and broken. Having to watch everyone she ever cared for die. "So..?" Paul still didn't understand. She glanced up to him with her red eyes. "I was looking... Looking for others like me. Maybe there was another dragon or clan out there. One that'll let me in. But no matter where I went there was no dragon. Alaska, Canada, Korea, Japan, New York, Montana, here... No dragons are left." They stared at her. Marko and Paul filled with sadness. They understood her. Her pain she felt... They knew it.

"Why not join another species?" Dwayne asked. Honestly he'd never met another creature. Never even believed dragons actually existed. But now he did. "You know how much other species hate us? Dragons are omnivores. We eat EVERYTHING. Even though you vampires give us stomach aches we can still eat you. You and werewolves. Which actually don't give two fucks anymore. Back then they used to hate and fear us errr... Me I guess now... But now they're just calmed around us." David thought for a moment. The three others stared at him. Must be talking to each other. Mind links and all.

Yin used to have a mind link. With only her twin of course. It was very rare for a dragon to have a mind link but both twins had it. She could hear and feel her sisters pain before she died. It absolutely destroyed her. But she kept going. Not giving in even though her heart wanted to do badly though.

David then looked right at Yin. "Join us." He said strongly as if she'd agree right away. "What?" She asked shocked. "Join us. We can be a new clan. Us five." He stood up and walked to her, holding his hand out. "We can be a new family." She stared at his hand shocked. "But I'm a-" he cut her off. "Doesn't matter. You can be one of us. Dragon or not." She stood up and raced him. She was just an inch shorter than him. She had thought for a moment. She wouldn't be lonely anymore. She'd have people to depend on and to depend on her. She can finally move on. Plus she's strong so the boys get an upgrade. She can protect them during the day and help hunt at night. They'd have so much fun.

The smallest hint of a smile touched her face. She gripped his hand tightly. They shook on it. "Ok." The other three cheered. "Hell yeah!" Marko jumped up and ran to her. She blocked him before he could hug her. She still doesn't do physical contact like that. He pouted while the others laughed or chuckled. "Now we just have to tell Max."

She looked over at Dwayne. "Who the hell is Max?"