Chapter 12

Yin knew SOMETHING was up. She had that gut feeling. It was hitting her hard. No it wasn't her period attacking on it's first day. It was as if she felt something bad was gonna happen. She had followed Star the night before and watched as she went to Michael. Her glare hardened at this. Realizing she hadn't even cared for the others in the first place. Except Laddie of course. 'Traitor.' She thought as she left.

Yin glared at Star from across the room as it slowly started to get brighter outside. She watched as all the boys yawned and went to their sleeping place in a smaller cave inside their cave. It was confusing to most. Not really to her but to most it would be. She watched as Star put Laddie to bed before she laid on her own bed. Falling asleep along with the child. She bit her lip. She knew something was up.

She paced the cave as she tried to think of something that could happen. Anything at all. 'An attack?' She shook that off. No one else but Michael knew of this place so that can't happen. She didn't think he could even enter the light like the others but he was only a half. He had to have been able to to survive outside the cave this long. Especially in a human house.

She decided she'd rest on it. She was awake all night. She needed sleep to think later. Crawling through the cave hallway, she arrived to their sleeping area. She laid curled up below them like a cat, her tail wrapping around herself and her body keeping her warm. She closed her eyes and sighed. The darkness comforting her into the empty dreamland she always had.

*Time skip*

"Vampires have such bad tempers!" Yin shot up quickly. She didn't recognize those voices. She rubbed her eyes and sat there. "No please. Take Laddie first." That was Star, someone she definitely recognized. 'Knew she was a damn traitor.' Yin thought as she remained still. She heard the unknown voices call them to the entrance to the cave where the slept. "Come on. This way!" They shouted. 'They're so stupid. If you're trying to be sneaky, DON'T YELL.' She stood up and grew out her horns but not her wings. Her tongue licked her lips. She sniffed the air. Michaels scent was the strongest. Two scents she hadn't recognized and one other that seemed similar to Michaels but a bit different.

Almost younger. 'Children?' She thought. No way. It can't be children. No child would wander here without coercion. Perhaps Michael made them come. Then she smelt it. Garlic and holy water. 'Vampire hunters?' Vampire hunters always reeked of it. It made her nose scrunch up. She was shaken from her thoughts when the footsteps got closer.

She growled slightly as veins in her chest started glowing from the fire. Scales almost growing out of her skin on her arms and sides of her stomach. The edge of her face having the same effect.

Child or not. She wasn't gonna let them pass. The footsteps halted when they heard growling. "They can't be awake. It's daytime. Probably a snore." One said rather loudly. They seemed much closer now. Once they got to the open hole like doorway they looked shocked. She stood before them. Her claws sheathed out only slightly. She growled out again. "Leave now." She commanded. "No way! What the hell are you?" One asked. "She can't be a vampire man!" The other told him. The third stood behind them looking like he'd seen a ghost. Honestly she had looked terrifying.

"We won't leave! We're going to kill the vampires!" They shouted. She snarled, showing her sharp teeth. "Leave or I'll kill you." They pointed their stakes at her. "Oooh I'm sooo scared." She cried sarcastically. Her tail knocked them away. They stared shocked, now bare handed.

"The minute I roar, they all awaken. Then you'll have no way of surviving. I'm giving you your ONLY choice. Only way to live. Leave or die." Another pulled a flask of holy water. "You have made your decision." She growled out. Her red eyes glowing with fire in them. She lunged at them as they screamed. The screaming having awaken the four vampires hanging just above them. Four pairs of glowing yellow eyes glanced around before they also roared.