Chapter 30

"No, absolutely not." David said. His face scowling. The four boys in front of Yin at the boardwalk. They all looked disgruntled. Refusing whatever it is Yin is asking for. "It won't be a problem at all. Just stay away from their house. I already dealt with Max." Marko quickly held on to Yin. "And that was dangerous enough. But going against a family of humans with the ability to get help from hunters?" Dwayne tried talking her out of it. "We almost lost you once... We can't do it again..." Marko said quietly as he hid his face in her neck. Yin frowned more.

"Boys. It's fine. I have to do this or else they won't go away. We will die if we don't." Paul looked heart broken. He grabbed Yin and held her tight. "No. I can't lose you. Never again." He shook. He looked like he would lose it. Cry hard like a baby. "Paul. Paul stop CRYING!" He looked shocked as she yelled at him. "You're a vampire Paul. Vampires don't back down from revenge. They attacked us first!" Yin pointed out to civilians passing by. Only few sparring a glance before walking away quickly. Not wanting to be involved with hoodlums and delinquents.

"They attacked us first. What if they had killed Sunny? When they hit me it was extremely lucky they didn't kill her too. Do you want her to grow up scared of the world around her? Of who might be a hunter and kill her? Because I don't. I want her to grow up happy. Able to run around without a care in the world." As Yin explained this, everyone looked away as they thought. They thought about how absolutely happy Sunny would be. Sunny would quite literally their ball of sunshine. Their weakness through and through. Quite comedic if you ask me.

"Yin. We understand. We just... We don't want to lose you. We don't have a witch this time to save you... We don't want to be alone for forever. Not again..." Marko explained. Yin nodded. "You won't be. I'll be careful. Max isn't there to protect them." Yin softly rubbed his cheek. "But hunters will be." David said softly. Yin growled. "Enough David. I'm going." He growled and pointed hard at her chest. "Better not come back hurt or I'll kill you myself." He huffed and stomped away. Dwayne looking between the two before hugging Yin then leaving. Paul refused to let go of Yin along with Marko. "Boys. I'll bring back a snack." She kissed both of them and they left, pouting.

Yin took a breath and looked towards a street. One that headed into town. She glanced over at a nearby gang. Hiding in the shadows, smoking and drinking and laughing. Yin could tell they had weapons on them and smirked. Walking towards them, swaying her hips.

*Time skip*

Yin stood outside the Emerson's house. She could hear everyone inside. Michael was talking to his mother about vampires. She sounded annoyed and was saying she's done with all this nonsense. She sounded sad. Probably because Max is dead. Which no one knows. Probably think he left or something. Sam was sitting in his room reading comic books. Sniffling. He heard about the death of the frog brothers in the newspaper. Star was holding on to Michael. Skank. Nothing against gypsy's but she hopped from one person to another. Slept with Michael first chance she got.

Yin growled as she quietly set up traps outside. Nanook nearly giving her away multiple times. After barking a bit their mother sent Nanook outside. Just as grandpa arrived. Everyone believing he's what set Nanook off. Star sighing in relief as everyone except Nanook went inside. While Nanook was sitting out in the back. Yin quickly grabbed his snout, keeping it shut as he growled and tried to bark. "I'm sorry dog. But you put a problem in my plans." She snapped the dogs neck as he whimpered then died. She pet him as he died and stood up. Finishing the traps. Then, she cut the power.

Star shooting up gasping as she looked around quickly. "It's fine deary. Just a power outage." Their grandpa sighed as he grabbed a small toolbox. "Would Sam like to help me?" He asked. His body old and not as strong as he used to be. Sam came down from his room to see what was going on. But hearing that made him shaking in his tennis shoes. He shook scared. Michael shook his head quickly. "No. No he doesn't." His mother stared at him shocked. "Michael! Your grandfather needs help. That was very rude. Sam, go help hi-" Before she finished Sam ran back upstairs screaming about vampires. Their mother sighing and rubbing her face. "See what you've done Michael?" Star bit her lip as she felt bad but didn't say anything. Michael clenched his fists and looked away.