Chapter 14

"Day 72. A dragon pup had wandered into our camp this morning. Hearing her cries brought joy to my heart. Skinning her and taking her scales. Scales are quite pricey on the market. Her mother came later during the night and killed two of the other hunters camping with us. She was killed by impalement into the heart with an iron rod. The father, not wanting to dishonor the dragon name, attacked us early morning. His head was removed and burned in melting iron. His heart removed and impaled for just in case measures." Yin read off from inside the book.

"There are two hundred days full of hunting and killing dragons. Strange none of my family is mentioned. I don't know these others." David seemed focused on looking at the floor. His hand rubbing his face below the nose in thought. Marko was messing with his pigeons but he was listening quietly. Paul didn't seem to care and was smoking his mind away. Dwayne was going through the very small library they had, which was just a pile of books.

She flipped to another page. "Day 167. Volcano day." Everyone went silent. "We managed to join a large group of over forty to fifty other hunters of different types. Dragon hunters, wolf hunters, and vampire hunters alike. We went far into the dark zone and found the first one. The bigger beast. I believed it to be the king dragon. We managed to kill the beast. All of us had the help of a witch which cursed the damned thing. May it burn in hell for eternity." She gripped it angrily and chucked it across the room. "Bullshit!"

David sighed. Dwayne grabbed the book and put it on a couch. Yin growled as she stalked around the cave agitated. Paul offered her a joint. She grabbed it and puffed it before the whole joint lit up in a flame and fell to the ground falling apart. Paul groaned at the loss of a joint. David looked amazed at that. Yin growled as she stalked around again.

"Fuck! Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck! Goddamn it!" Yin yelled angrily. "Just calm down. You're gonna take the whole place down." Dwayne tried. "I can't just 'calm down.' I need to release my anger!" She yelled as she punched the wall. The entire cave shook and cracked as her fist left an indent in the wall. The sounds echoing the entire cave. It went completely silent. "That's enough Yin. If you're angry then go release it on some prey." He stated strictly. He sounded like he was in charge and of course he was. But this is Yin. She doesn't give a shit who's in charge. But she also doesn't want to lose her home. "Fine." She stomped out but Marko followed.

"Wait!" She turned and saw him come beside her. "Let's go together?" He asked. She sighed a bit before nodding. "Alright." They both take off into the night.

"What are we gonna do about her?" Dwayne asked. "We keep her. She's strong and she's quite fun to be around." David responded. "Oh admit it David. You like her." David growled at Paul. "We all like her. That night was quite enjoyable." Paul spoke about the night they fucked. "Yes Paul. We all thought it was enjoyable. Now how are we gonna deal with this new threat?" Dwayne spoke up. "We kill them. In any way we can. We tear them apart and send a message to others. We don't go down so easily." David spoke. Anger filled his body. Yin had gone through so much. He was gonna make her feel safe again. He was gonna murder them and tear them apart. Limb from limb.