car journey - doctor strange x y/n

(pls ignore how unlikely this is, i know tony has a ton of cars, just roll with it)

"y/n!" bucky yelled from down the corridor.
"yes yes i'm coming!" she yelled back.

grabbing her newly packed suitcase, y/n ran out the door and down to the main lobby. by the time she got there, the others were already in the car.

"y/n hurry up already." sam complained before rolling his window back up.
"alright alright" she murmured, shoving her suitcase into the boot.

y/n made to open the door on the other side of the car when she stopped. she looked around the car but it just confirmed her thoughts.

"where on earth am i supposed to sit?" she said staring at them all "i thought you were going in the other car stephen?"
"i was but then sam finally persuaded bucky to come so there wasn't space." he replied.
"... okay but now there's no space for me" y/n stated, annoyance edging into her tone.
"well i guess you'll have to sit on someone's lap. i'm sure one of the girls won't mind" stephen had hardly shared a second thought for her the entire conversation and this was starting to really piss y/n off.
"hmm i wouldn't mind" nat said giving y/n a little wink.
"normally i would never say no" y/n replied giving nat a wink in response" however seeing as it was stephen who so kindly stole my spot, i do believe it is his responsibility to have me on his lap."

at this, stephen finally looked up. "woah i never agreed to that."
"well tough you took my spot" y/n said moving to sit on his lap.
"hay hay no you're not sitting on my lap." stephen said.
y/n heard mostly frustration but she noticed a hint of something else in his voice. "why are you objecting, it's only fair."
"because... it'll be uncomfortable"
"oh poor you, why don't you just-" y/n began angrily before getting cut off.

tony had been sitting there quietly with his head in his hands, however his patience seemed to have come to an end.
"oh god shut up both of you. we need to leave so y/n sit down and stephen for gods sake just stop complaining the journey isn't too long."
y/n gave stephen a childish smirk as she sat smugly on his lap.

——————

after about ten minutes, y/n began to shift on stephen's lap.
"what are you doing y/n?" stephen said uncomfortably.
"i'm trying to get comfortable." she replied, a sour expression playing on her face.

as the others continued their conversations, y/n shifted some more.
"will you stop moving y/n." stephen said angrily
"i'm trying to get comfy"
"i don't care just stop."
his annoyance was clear however y/n could again see a hint of something else.

eventually y/n gave up, and stared out the window as rain started to pour heavily. however a couple of minutes later the car got to a bumpy road. the car began to jolt about, causing y/n to jump around slightly. immediately, stephen grabbed onto her exposed hips, just below where her crop top ended.

"y/n stop." he said.
"i'm not doing anything" she protested.
as the car continued to move around, stephen gripped on tighter. when y/n looked at him, his face was flushed red and he stared silently at the seat in front of them.
"just stop." his voice had become very deep.
y/n rolled her eyes "someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed"

as the car began to jolt around once more, y/n felt even more uncomfortable.
"geez stephen, can you please empty your pockets" y/n said looking at him.
"i... i can't." stephen's face was now bright red.
"what do you mean-" y/n began but as soon as she had started she understood. "oh."

y/n froze. she no longer trusted herself to move, though she didn't think she could if she tried as stephen's hands where still firmly clenched around her waist. butterflies began to swarm in her stomach. her face had now also turned a deep shade of red and y/n was only glad everyone else was immersed in their own conversations.