The Adoption

Giyuu stared at the papers in his hands. He was wondering how Hazuki would react if he asked. A nearby Kakushi sweatdropped. 

"Tomioka-sama you and I both know she'll love the surprise. She already sees you as her father figure." She spoke. "Now get off your ass and make our angel smile." She grabbed his ear and began to drag him, ignoring the complaints. If Hazuki smiled then they would be happy.

She all but dropped him in front of the girl's door, glaring. "I said get off your ass and make my angel smile damnit." He quickly stood.

"Alright alright I get it!" The Kakushi smirked and walked away to start preparations for the celebration. Giyuu took a deep breath and knocked on Hazuki's door. "Hazuki? Can I come in?" He called gently.

"Come in!" The little girl responded. He gently pushed the door open to find the little girl at the desk he had gifted her painting. He smiled as he took in the painting. It was very beautiful, a Phoenix taking flight in the middle of a winter wonderland. He sat next to her.

"You did a good job Hazuki." He complimented. She looked up with a toothy grin.

"Thank you papa!" He smiled softly, grabbing the paper out of his pocket. The Kakushi was right. She already saw him as her father.

"Hazuki?" She looked up. "Would you like it if I legally adopted you?" It took five seconds to get a response. Then Hazuki suddenly jumped up and hugged Giyuu tightly. 

"YES!" He laughed as the fell back. He landed on his back with Hazuki on his stomach laughing in joy. He could hear the Kakushi on the other side of the door cheering. he helped Hazuki up by holding her on his waist. he set he papers on the table and signed them, helping her write her own name too. 

He sent his crow to the social worker building the next town over. Hazuki gave him a few red berries to eat on the way, clearly earning her some major favoritism. Giyuu smiled at the girl who was now his daughter in all but blood.

The two left the room to be greeted by several happy Kakushi who all fawned over Hazuki and Giyuu(Only because he was smiling). They led the two to the kitchen to see a cake along with several tubs of ice cream. The biggest surprise was the master who was sitting at one of the seats alone.

Giyuu quickly bowed. "Oyakata-sama. May I ask what you are doing here? Do I have an important mission?" He asked, silently praying that wasn't the case. 

The master turned his head with a smile. "No Tomioka. I merely came to congratulate you and meet Hazuki. I'm guessing this is her?" He asked softly, bending down to get a good look at the girl with his one good eye. He wanted to meet her before his other eye went bad.

She had long blonde hair tied back in a half up do with a red ribbon and light green eyes. A little button nose and a heart shaped face. She was very skinny but was leaning towards the healthy side. Currently she was wearing light orange kimono with little petals surrounding the bottom. A white obi held it together. 

He gently patted her head. "You are very pretty today Hazuki-Chan." He complimented softly. Hazuki turned pink and lowered her head. 

"Thank you. Your eyes are very pretty too!" She said shyly, moving to hide behind Giyuu's leg. the master smiled warmly as he stood back up. 

"You found quite the jewel Tomioka. Keep her safe." Giyuu nodded.

"I will." The master smiled. 

"Then I must be on my way. But I will come back sometimes to come see you both." He looked down at Hazuki. "Take care of Tomioka for me will you?" 

She nodded seriously. "Papa will be in the best place possible with me!" She cheered. the master smiled as a Kakushi began to help him back to his home. The party started loud with Hazuki being picked up by multiple Kakushi. 

Meanwhile, Uzui was staring at the overly loud water estate in pure shock. His ears had heard everything. Tomioka adopted a five year old little girl?! What the hell had happened since last time he had seen the man?

He had gotten the letter from Kocho about Tomioka acting more secretive but seriously? To hide his daughter? He sighed and began to walk in the direction of the water estate. From one of the windows he caught a sight that made him pause. Tomioka twirling a little blonde child while smiling brightly. 

His own lips curved into a small smile as he knocked on the door. the party seemed to pause as the door opened to reveal Tomioka himself. His eyes widened. "Uzui? What are you doing here?" He asked slowly. Uzui grinned.

"We got worried when you closed yourself off even more and they flamboyantly sent me. So you have a daughter now?" He asked, eager to meet the girl.

Tomioka seemed horrified. "You're going to tell them about her?" He whispered. They would all come to meet her and she would find someone else she liked more. Shinobu would let him know how much of a terrible parent he was. Sanemi might even hurt her-

"No." He looked up, startled. 

"What?"

"I said no. It's your life. Not ours." Tomioka slowly opened the door more.

"Then feel free to come in and meet her." He spoke softly, letting his icy gaze turn soft. Uzui grinned and walked inside, Giyuu giving the signal to start the party back up. Hazuki came out from behind the Kakushi and hugged Giyuu's leg tightly, glancing at Uzui in awe.

Uzui looked down at her. "So what's your name flamboyant lady?" He teased gently.

"I-I'm Hazuki!" She squeaked. He smiled. 

"She's an adorable kid." He said to Tomioka. "could my wives meet her some time? They could help babysit for you." Giyuu looked up slowly.

"Sure. I trust them more than the others." Uzui snorted.

"Like Kocho who likes to dig a little to far into someone's personal life?"

"Just like Kocho."