The Mugen Train

"Rengoku wait up!" Giyuu called out. Rengoku paused at the ticket stand, turning to see the father of his honorary niece.

He smiled and waved him over. Giyuu stopped beside him and was passed a ticket. "My crow said you were coming soon so I got your ticket for you."

Giyuu smiled at him. "Thank you but you didn't have to I have money."

"Then spend it on Hazuki!" Rengoku laughed. And Giyuu fondly shook his head.

The two got on board the train and took a seat, ready to wait for the younger slayers to get here. Giyuu rested his head on Rengoku's shoulder, feeling very tired.

He yawned and Rengoku glanced at him as he munched on a bento. He stopped shouting as the man fell asleep, easily seeing the slight eyebags he currently had.

He smiled and went back to eating as Giyuu fell asleep. A few girls awwed from the other half of the train.

"Is that your little sister?" One asked, eyes peering at him.

Rengoku choked. "I-I'm sorry but Tomioka is a male." He began. "And we're not related. We work together." He answered, feeling overwhelmed by all the eyes on him.

A girl squealed. "Are you secret lovers?" Rengoku paled.

"Nope. He's Shinazugawa's." He responded, moving to hide the both of them.

A few seemed disappointed while others just shrugged and cooed at how adorable Giyuu was when he was asleep. Rengoku chuckled and shook his head, seeing as the sleeping man would probably be terrified if her were awake.

A few of the girl's husbands or fiances were glaring at Giyuu, jealous of the attention he was getting. The door slid open and Tanjiro walked in followed by Inosuke and Zenitsu.

Rengoku ignored them until they were at his side and talking to him. He tried to stay quiet for Giyuu's sake but Inosuke began to yell, snapping the man awake.

He groaned and Insokue froze before jumping up and down.

"It's you! The really strong one from that weird spider mountain!" Giyuu paused.

"Hello Inosuke, Zenitsu, Tanjiro." He mumbled.

"He knows my name....." Inosuke whispered. Giyuu couldnt help the small smile that tugged at his lips as he watched the three sit down, deadpanning at Tanjiro and Inosuke's lack of knowledge about trains. He just shook his head as Inosuke moved to sit next to him, stars all but shining around him.

Giyuu patted his head absentmindedly as they all talked, passing their tickets to the train conductor. When a demon showed up, he let Rengoku show off a bit by killing it.

Inosuke was awed but spoke up. "Mister Giyuu is better." The three paused. Rengoku because he was amused and the other two because they were shocked.

"Did he just get a name fight the first time?" Tanjiro whispered in shock. The two watched Inosuke get lots of affection from Giyuu and pouted, going to join to try and get some attention.

Giyuu was over the moon and Rengoku was now pouting because he was being ignored. As everyone around them blacked out, Giyuu yawned again.

"I'm just gonna take a nap." He mumbled as his body slumped over, followed by the others. The locket containing the picture of Hazuki hang loose around his neck.

Giyuu didn't dream like the others. No matter how hard Enmu tried, it seemed the man already had everything he wanted.

Enmu peeked into his soul, seeing the tremors of heartbreak everywhere. Slowly healing with the flickering image of a blond little girl shining above him.

Enmu lowered his eyes. This human was beautiful. His soul no matter how tainted, was fixing itself just for the person her loved.

Enmu left the soul realm, deciding to merge with the train early. As the demon slayers woke up one after another, he started to panic. Two hashira and three decently strong demon slayers. All awake.

The hashira guarded his food, the demon girl that was with them burning his flesh in a painful manner.

The young demon slayers cut straight through his neck and the train went tipping over the tracks.

Giyuu caught Inosuke and Tanjiro, shielding their bodies from the crash. Rengoku did the same with Zenitsu, taking a little more damage.

Giyuu got up slowly, checking the boys over careingly. Tanjiro had been stabbed by a human. He was greatly annoyed by this, wanting to hurt them but being unable to.

"We should all take a rest now." He spoke up, seeing the battered condition of the three younger slayers.

They smiled and got ready to lay down, only for both Giyuu and Rengoku to move, blocking an attack aimed at Tanjiro. The boys paled as an Uppermoon landed some ways away.

He was smirking, wiping a bit of blood from his wrist where Giyuu's blade had cut a bit into his skin.

"Nice blade water boy." He teased.

Giyuu tensed up. "Boys get back. Me and Rengoku will deal with this. You see either of us fall you hide. Got it?" He asked.

"But-"

"DO YOU UNDERDTAND ME?" He snapped. The boys nodded. Albeit hesitantly. They began to back away.

'Please stay safe.' Giyuu thought, eyes blazing as he stared at the uppermoon who was studying him.