Uncle Kyo

Hazuki grinned as she pushed the door to her home open. It was still early, before dawn even, but she had already made her way here with the help of Kanao-chan. She walked inside, seeing that no one was awake yet.

She crept through the halls, stopping at her Papa's door and opening it, seeing how dark it was inside. She saw the shape of her Papa on the bed and grinned, closing the door and rushing to the bedside, slipping under the covers and up next to her Papa.

His arm instinctively pulled her closer so that she was able to make out her Papa's face in the dark. She smiled to herself before falling asleep, not noticing the slight smile her Papa had.

Giyuu felt his daughter as she crawled into the bed with him. He was happy she was home at last. Now she could see Sanemi. He hugged her to him as he heard a few kakushi start to wake up. He let his eyes close again as he waited for the rising sun to reawaken his little Moonshine.

The sun came faster than he would have liked. His daughter still wasn't awake but he slipped out of her grasp to go make breakfast. He made some rice and salmon and set the table as Sanemi came out, seeing the third plate.

"She's home?" He asked, rubbing an eye. Giyuu smiled at him.

"Came home before the sun even rose and hopped into the bed." He turned back and set the last plate down. "I'm going to go wake her up so that she can eat something." 

He moved down the hall, going into his room. He sat on the side of the bed and gently shook the child. "Hazuki. Moonshine it's time to get up." She groaned and turned over, earning a chuckle. "I know you want to sleep but Uncle Sanemi is here~ And there's salmon for breakfast.~" He spoke with a small smirk as her body jumped up.

"Uncle Sanemi is here?! Come on Papa!" She began to drag her laughing father to the kitchen as fast as her little feet could carry her. Giyuu laughed and scooped her up, helping her gain speed to reach the kitchen. He set her down and she ran to hug her favorite uncle. 

Sanemi grinned and hugged her back. "Hey there Bambi." He chuckled as she cheered.

"Uncle Sanemi! I missed you!" Her arms tried to squeeze him. He smiled and picked her up, setting her in her seat. 

"As much as I missed you too, you need to eat first Bambi." Giyuu slid her plate up to her and she quickly started to eat. She had a bright grin as she ate, eyes gleaming with the joys of her family. She was surprisingly the last to finish eating. Sanemi grabbed all the plates and passed them to Giyuu who took them to the sink to wash them.

Hazuki grinned at them. "Papa! Uncle! Can I show you what aunty Makio taught me last week?" She asked, eyes pleading.

Giyuu and Sanemi shared a look before shrugging. "Of course you can Moonshine." The child cheered and grabbed their hands, pulling them out the back door to the training grounds. She grabbed a little pouch on her way out, making them a bit confused. 

She had the sit down and began to set up targets, Giyuu already seeing several red flags. What if she hurt herself? Sanemi glanced at him. "Calm down Tomioka. If she learned how to use a weapon then she could defend herself." He assured the man who calmed down slightly, choosing to see before anything else. 

His daughter leapt into the air, doing a flip and threw several kunai at once. They bounced off of each other and every target was hit in the bulls eye. Before she landed, they saw the gleam of a tiny string being tugged as all the kunai dislodged themselves and flew back to her hand.

Giyuu grinned at her joyful face. "That was amazing Hazuki!" She blushed and looked down.

"Thank you Papa."

"You did a good job Bambi." Her smile widened.

"Thank you Uncle Sanemi." 

"So this is what you've been doing?" A voice asked. They tensed and their heads snapped back to see Rengoku standing there, staring right at Hazuki, who had hidden behind her father. 

"What are you doing here?" Giyuu asked, about to panic.

Rengoku sighed. "I noticed Uzui started to come over here a lot and always left with a smile. So I came to see what that was about." He smiled as Hazuki peeked out from behind Giyuu.

"You know Uncle Uzu?" She asked innocently. Rengoku sat down on his knees and smiled. 

"He's my best friend. What's your name?" He asked, mustering up the calmest voice possible.

Hazuki smiled as Giyuu started to relax. Rengoku wasn't that bad. "I'm Hazuki! Are you also Papa's friend?" Rengoku glanced at him.

"Sure am! Your dad and I work together!" Hazuki stepped out from behind Giyuu all the way. 

"Then are you another Uncle?" She asked, tilting her head. The wind and water hashira water the flame hashira all but melt for the adorable child.

"Only if you want me to be." She grinned widely.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Kyojuro Rengoku."

"Uncle Kyo it is!" She cheered. They all laughed for a moment before Rengoku looked up at the two other men. 

"You should keep an eye out. Obanai and Mitsuri are starting to get curious." Giyuu nodded and Picked his daughter up.

"Thank you for the warning." He bowed his head quickly.

"No need to thank me. By the way if you ever want her to spend time with someone, Senjuro is almost always home alone with my dad. You can bring him to your estate because I'll be honest. I don't really trust my dad." 

Giyuu nodded. "Would you want to come in for lunch?" He asked.

"Sure! I am very hungry!"