Broken Trust

THREE IN ONE WOOP WOOP

Giyuu hummed, very happy as he made dinner that night. The boys still had to stay at the butterfly estate but he had taken Nezuko with him.

He was waiting for Sanemi to notice.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" He snickered.

Sanemi came running in. "Why is the demon girl here?!" He hissed.

Giyuu smirked. "Look at the papers on the table." Sanemi froze before making a run for the table.

He flipped through the papers before looking back at him. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Sanemi snapped. Giyuu sighed and set down the ladle.

"Sanemi it's my choice-"

"STILL! NEZUKO IS A DEMON! THE YELLOW ONE IS A CRYBABY AND THE OTHER TWO ARE IDIOTS!" He screamed. Giyuu flinched.

"Sanemi please-"

"No! I'm fucking leaving. Have fun taking care of Hazuki alone!" He snapped. Giyuu visibly recoiled.

"What? You're just gonna leave?! AFTER EVERYTHING YOU'RE JUST GONNA LEAVE ME?!" Giyuu asked hysterically.

Sanemi backhanded him. "Yeah. I am."

Tears welled up in his eyes as Sanemi turned on his heel and left, slamming the door behind him.

The tears fell, a choked sob leaving Giyuu's lips. He crumpled to his knees and sobbed loudly. Now he knew what it felt like. To be walked out on. He looked up teary eyed.

'I hope you're happy Sanemi. Because I'm not letting you back into my heart.'

He stood up, freezing as he saw Hazuki in the doorway crying.

"Uncle Nemi doesn't want to stay?" She asked, lips trembling. Giyuu wiped his eyes.

"No Hazuki. And I'm sorry. He didn't like that I got you some siblings. He doesn't like Nezuko that much and he was mad." He whispered, pulling her into a hug.

He raised a hand to touch his cheek, wincing at the slight burn. Tear kept falling.

The dinner burnt that night but neither father nor daughter seemed to care.

Meanwhile Sanemi realized his grave mistake. He was pacing in Uzui's living room, trying to explain what he had done to the overly angry women. And man.

Uzui glared at him. "You put your hands on him? What the fuck Sanemi?! He trusted you! He let you be a part of his and Hazuki's family! Just because he adopted a few more does not mean you get to be mad!" He growled.

Makio stood. "Get the hell out. I dont want to see you until I hear from Giyuu that you apologized and started treating him right!" She snapped, dragging him out the door.

Outside stood a furious Rengoku who had just come from the water estate. He reeled his fist back and swung. His fist slammed into Sanemi's jaw, sending him to the floor.

"I hope Giyuu finds someone better." He hissed, turning and stomping away.

Sanemi lowered his head, feeling deeply ashamed. He could still feel the glare of the girls on his back as he remember the fear in Giyuu's eyes as he had hit him. It was the smar fear his mother had whenever his father had gone mad.

He buried his head in his knees and broke down into sobs. How could he hurt him like that? Not only that, but Hazuki too.

She had seen his as her uncle. Her FAVORITE uncle. And he had gone and said he didn't need them.

He got up and began to walk back to the water estate to fix things. The estate was unusually silent. He pushed the door open, horrified to find the walls bare and rooms empty. He began to run around calling out.

"Giyuu?! Hazuki?!" He screamed in fear.

"They're gone." A voice answered his coldly. He turned. A single Kakushi held a box in his arms, glaring venomously at him.

"They left after you did. Took everything. Said that if you ever came back to let you know that Tomioka-Sama would never let you back into his heart." The kakushi glanced him up and down once. "He loved you. He really did."

The kakushi stormed out, loading the box onto a wagon. The wagon and Kakushi left as Sanemi broke down into a mess.

Sobbing and begging to be forgiven.

"Are you okay Giyuu?" Rengoku asked softly. Giyuu was huddled into his side, a small patch on his cheek where Saneki'a hand print had bruised.

Rengoku had one arm around his shoulder and the other was holding a sleeping Hazuki who had tears staining her face.

Giyuu sniffled. "No. I don't get it. Sure I adopted them without telling him but we never even made it official. Whenever I asked he always brushed me off. Like he didn't want us to actually be together. Did he not like me?" He asked, breaking into tears again.

Rengoku scowled. He knew Sanemi was just afraid of committing but seriously? This was too far.

He hugged Giyuu gently. "It doesn't matter what he thinks. So long as you're here, you'll be safe." He rubbed his head, mind flickering back to some thing said on the train.

"Are you secret lovers?"

"Nope. He's Shinazugawa's."

He bit his lip and shifted his body so that Giyuu was laid into his side.

"Get some rest. You're gonna need to it for the hashira meeting tomorrow."

Giyuu whimpered but buried his head in Rengoku's chest. Hazuki was curled between them on the couch, breathing peacefully.

Rengoku looked down at the two and frowned.

'How could Sanemi give this up like that?' He wondered.

"HE DID WHAT?!" Inosuke screamed as a Kakushi explained the situation. It took several of them to hold Inosuke back, much less Nezuko.

Something told Inosuke that he knew man who would hurt his loved ones. He knew that man had hurt someone close to him and she had run to someone else as well. What he wanted to know is why someone though that they had the right to make his dad and baby sister cry.