The Uzui Family

The party lasted well into the night even with Hazuki going to bed early. Giyuu was happy to finally be a dad, Uzui was happy for his newfound friend, and the kakushi were happy to see their angel smile.

Uzui stayed over that night as he had one too many to drink and was stumbling with every step. Giyuu gave him a comfortable room to sleep in while Hazuki had once again snuck into his bed. He shook his head fondly and let her snuggle close to him. 

He brushed his fingers through her hair and fell asleep peacefully. He woke up to small whines of frustration. he found Hazuki missing, setting off several red flags. He all but sprung out of bed and flew around the house before he stopped at her room where he heard Uzui. 

"Stay still and I'll get the knot out okay Hazuki." He pushed the door open to see Uzui helping Hazuki with her hair. Hazuki glanced back at him but didn't move her head.

"Morning Papa." He sighed in relief. 

"Good morning Moonshine." He greeted. Uzui glanced up.

"You still look flamboyantly tired." He said indifferently. Giyuu hummed.

"I just woke up. I got scared when I couldn't find Hazuki so I ran to her room." Giyuu explained. Uzui hummed.

"Sit down for a minute. You don't want to pass out on your feet do you?" He joked. Giyuu rolled his eyes.

"Says the one who got blackout drunk..." He mumbled, knowing  Uzui would hear but Hazuki wouldn't. Uzui finished with Hazuki's hair, leaving it in a braided bun. Giyuu smiled as she jumped around in joy. Uzui tried to not stare but he ended up doing so anyways. Tomioka had a pretty smile.

"You look pretty Hazuki." Giyuu complimented. Uzui let a soft smile of his own slip onto his face before looking out the window. The sun was up and the garden was blossoming. There were little lily flowers and snowdrops. A few roses were poking through the white flowers. 

Hazuki giggled as Giyuu lifted her up, setting her on his hip. "Papa can we go get ice cream?" She asked shyly. She looked up, pulling out the puppy eyes. Damn the Kakushi for teaching her that. He melted easily.

"Sure Moonshine." He smiled softly and glanced at Uzui. "Would you like to come with us?" 

"Sure. I feel like some mint chocolate chip ice cream right now." Hazuki looked up. 

"Is that flavor good?" Uzui turned, offended. He looked at Tomioka who shrugged.

"It's the best flavor there is!" He cried. Tomioka snorted. 

"Neither of us have tried it. She's trying new flavors so we'll get that one for her. But I'm getting rocky road." He shook his head fondly. He would have never imagined that him and Uzui would be getting ice cream together. 

They left the estate in a hurry as Tomioka let Hazuki look at a little sketchpad she was carrying. He held her other hand as he pushed the door to the ice cream parlor open. The employee at the front looked up from his book and smiled. It was empty inside so they just went right up to the front.

"Hey Tomioka-san. Hazuki-Chan! What flavors today?" He asked, glancing at Uzui.

"Two medium mint chocolate chip ice cream cones and one small rocky road ice cream cone please." The man smiled and nodded, grabbing three cones and a scoop. He put on a little show for Hazuki and acted like he had no more ice cream to tease her. She raised an eyebrow.

"I can see the ice cream from where I'm standing." She deadpanned. Uzui laughed.

"She sounded just like you Tomioka!" He wheezed as Giyuu smiled proudly. The employee laughed and handed her the cone before he quickly got the other two ready. he passed them to Tomioka who in turn handed him around two thousand yen. The employee smiled and waved as they left. Uzui was happily eating his ice cream as Hazuki prepared for her first taste. She licked the ice cream and hummed loudly. 

"This is good!" She exclaimed, eating eagerly. Giyuu grabbed a tissue from his pocket, ready to wipe the mess off of her face. She finished her cone first despite the fact that Giyuu had a smaller cone. He smiled and let her finish his off before wiping her face with the tissue. She smiled and looked up as footsteps approached. Three women had joined them.

"So this is where you went Tengen-Sama?" Hinatsuru asked. Uzui grinned sheepishly.

"Did I forget to send a letter?" He asked. The girls nodded. Hazuki ducked behind Giyuu quickly. The girls all looked at her.

"This is the girl the master said you were visiting?" Suma asked. He nodded. 

"This is Hazuki. She's very quiet and shy at first but she'll warm up to you quickly." Giyuu introduced, pushing her forward a bit. She looked down at her feet, blushing.

"H-hi pretty lady." She mumbled. They all cooed.

"You're adorable!" Makio picked the girl up. She squeaked and Giyuu ad to fore himself to stay still. Hazuki looked up and smiled a bit. She gazed at her surroundings before looking at Tomioka.

"Is this what it feels like to be tall Papa?" He chuckled.

"Yes Hazuki it is." He answered with a smile. She reached out for him and he took her from Makio, letting her settle into his arms. She yawned and buried her head into his neck. The girls desperately wanted to hold the adorable blonde but knew that she was tired.

"Come on. You guys can stay at my estate for a while if you want." He invited, feeling kind. they returned quickly and Hinatsuru pointed out the painting Hazuki had done the day prior.

"Who made that? It's very beautiful." He smiled and looked down at the now sleeping Hazuki.

"She did. She's very talented." They looked at her in shock. 

"Hazuki painted that? How flamboyant!" Uzui yelled. Giyuu kicked his shin.

"Shh! Hazuki just fell asleep!" He hissed, Uzui turned pink.

"Sorry."