The return home

Hazuki tugged at a strand of neon pink hair as the uppermoon who was holding her sighed once again. They were almost there by now but this kid had a whole new level of curiosity for odd things. And it was a little annoying.

Kokushibo had fallen silent after initially introducing himself. He was more content on just walking through the shadows, trying to sniff out a meal. When their eyes landed on large wisteria trees, the two demons became tense.

Wisteria didn't grow in this area unless planted. Demon slayers.

Hazuki jumped out of Akaza's arms and ran through the wisteria, shouting her goodbyes. The two shared a look before seemingly vanishing into thin air, leaving not a trace behind. Their master had to know about this.

Hazuki snuck back into the flame estate, closing the door silently and turning around. She bumped right into an overly concerned Kyojuro. She squeaked as she was hastily picked up and checked over.

"What were you doing outside at this time of night Hazuki?!" He asked, checking an arm for scratches.

"I'm sorry Uncle Kyo! I was bored and everyone was asleep so I went outside to go take a walk!" She pouted as he finally set her down with a sigh of relief.

"You have to give me a warning Hazuki. But for now let's just go to bed alright?" He asked, mustering up the softest voice possible.

Hazuki nodded and rubbed an eye. She fell asleep with Senjuro next to her.

And Giyuu? Well he currently was in the process of making Sanemi sleep on the couch.

"I said I'm sorry okay?!" He hissed as he was being pushed out of the door.

"Sorry does not make my hips hurt any less!" Giyuu deadpanned and slammed the door.

Sanemi whined. "Oh come on! I promise to be nicer next time?" He tried.

The door stayed shut. Sanemi pouted but grabbed his blanket and pillow before waddling to the couch.

He laid down, still pouting heavily. "I'm sorry." He mumbled moodily.

Giyuu could be heard grumbling as he laid back down in bed to finally get some sleep.

He woke up early, groaning as his hips protested any movement. He pouted as he managed to stand and waddled out into the living room, seeing Sanemi up, two plates of breakfast in front of him.

He narrowed his eyes at Sanemi. "What'd you make?"

"Salmon daikon and white rice." He answered. Giyuu relaxed.

"You are forgiven." He spoke, settling next to Sanemi and grabbing one of the plates.

He ate his food happily, ignoring Sanemi's attempts at getting him to spar. He was still in pain after all.

A knock sounded at the door and Sanemi moved to go check. A minute later, Hazuki ran in and hugged her Papa.

He grunted but hugged back. "Welcome home Moonshine." He mumbled as he hugged her. She just nuzzled into his neck as she sat in his lap and stole a peice of Salmon.

He pouted. "Oi." She glared up at him.

"If I see Salmon, I'm gonna eat it." She deadpanned at him. He sighed and nodded, offering her another peice. She munched on it cheerfully before getting up, starting to walk to her room.

"Also you have a gaint bruise on your neck Papa." She called out behind her.

Giyuu turned beet red as Sanemi looked the other way innocently. "Wasn't me." He lied.

"Damn it Sanemi...." He grumbled. He finished his food and walked to the bathroom. There was indeed a massive hickey on his neck.

His eye twitched as he heard Sanemi laughing with Hazuki.

'Smug asshole.'

He sighed and wrapped his neck in thin bandages to hide the bruise before leaving the bathroom and rejoining his daughter.

Hazuki, though she was laughing, was worried.

'Who were those two men in the forest? They sounded like the demons Papa told me about.'