Family Bonding

Rengoku munched in his food slowly. Mind processing the fact that Hazuki's bio father was possibly still alive.

And he knew where they lived. He shrugged.

"He didn't take Hazuki so as long as he doesn't try anything, we can ignore that he exists."

Giyuu sweatdropped. "Okay I'm ignoring your advice."

Rengoku deflated. "Damn it."

Giyuu chuckled and patted his head. "Can you watch Hazuki today? I want to go spend some time with the other kids before they have a mission."

Rengoku nodded. "Sure thing." Giyuu smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you Kyo."

Rengoku blushed and hugged back to hide his face. Now he knew why Sanemi had thought he would take his place.

Giyuu was... amazing. He was kind, beautiful and loving. He smiled softly and his mind flickered back to the ring Sanemi had given him.

One day.

He let go reluctantly and watched as Giyuu said goodbye to Hazuki. His gaze lingered as Hiyuu walked out the door. He snapped out of it as the door closed.

His gaze became a bit sad, something Hazuki noticed.

"Don't worry Uncle Kyo. Papa will be back soon." She smiled softly as she sat on his leg.

She leaned her head on his chest and sighed. "You really love Papa." She mumbled as her eyes drifted shut.

Rengoku smiled. "Yeah. I do." He whispered. He picked her up and waddled to the couch, deciding that a morning nap was just what he needed.

Giyuu walked into the butterfly estate, keen on kidnapping his kids. He casually snagged Inosuke and Zenitsu in the halls and grabbed Tanjiro and Nezuko out of the rooms.

He smiled happily as he dragged them down to the village, Nezuko hiding in her box. He brought them to the little festival and got Nezuko an umbrella so she could join in. Giyuu stuck with Inosuke as the other wandered around, seeing as the boy wanted to prove himself to the strong male.

Giyuu smiled at his son's exaggerations about his most recent mission. Until a woman he recognized came stomping overm he grabbed Inosuke and pulled him behind him.

He glared at the woman, Zuko. The crazy cat lady.

"What ever can I do for you?" He drawled out. She glared.

"Seeing as you wont give me that cat, I declare that your daughter here will marry my eldest son."

Heads turned as he raised an eyebrow, looking around. "I do not see any of my daughters around here." He spoke honestly.

She glared and pointed accusingly at Inosuke. "That little rat right there is yours isn't she?!"

Giyuu glared. "Yes that is my child but Inosuke is a male. And he is no rat unlike what seems to live in that nest you call hair." He hissed venomously.

Inosuke cheered, grabbing onto Giyuu's sleeve. "You're so cool Papa!" He cheered.

The woman's face drained of color and the boy who had been all but hidden during the arguement tried to back away.

Her eyes shot to him. "Kuza stay fight there!" She turned back to him, seemingly not caring of the gathering crowd.

"You said you don't see any of your daughters? Then go get one for my precious prince! Maybe that girl with the orange tipped hair I saw you hand an umbrella to!"

His gaze grew dark as the tension in the air thickened.

"You speak of my children like animals again and I'll string you up like one you ugly wretched hag." He snapped, voice eerily calm.

The child she held quickly stepped up and bowed, surprising the crowd.

"I'm so sorry about my mother!" He squeaked. "I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive us!" He yelled, tears pooling in his eyes.

Giyuu's gaze softened. "You should not be the one apologizing little bird." He turned to the pissed off woman. "You should be ashamed. Even your own son knows when enough is enough."

He shook his head and led the now foul tempered Inosuke away. "I'm sorry Suke." He began. "Had I known she would've popped up, I'd have taken us somewhere else."

Inosuke nodded. "She smelled like cat piss anyways."

Giyuu chuckled. He spotted Nezuko's umbrella in the distance and found the others all eating. Nezuko was resting her head on Zenitsu's shoulder as he messed with her hair, looking very content.

They settled down and ordered some food, the waiter smiling as the father finally made himself know.

He glanced at them all. Or maybe not father? Him and the blonde one didnt look anything alike. None of them did.

The man just shrugged. Oh well.

The waiter checked on them a few more times, happily getting them more food if they requested.

Giyuu looked out at his now large family.

God he loved them.