Chapter 6

Chapter 6

HE stared at her with wide eyes, unsure if he heard correctly.

Did she really want him to do that?

Because if so, it seemed like a dream come true.

He tried to gulp away the lump in his throat before speaking in a soft, unsure voice.

"Really?"

She nodded.

"Yes! After we attend the red carpet event for one of my movie premieres, we're going to perform a song of our choice. Do you want to do it or not?"

He nodded despite his dry mouth, still visibly shocked at the request.

Was she really asking him to perform together?

But, why?

Maybe she saw the way he danced in previous videos with his Korean group.

Or maybe someone told her about how talented he was and suggested the idea.

Either way, he thought he could feel tears of happiness filling up his eyes. All he wanted to do was-

Don't do it, don't do it-

But it was too late. He hurried in her direction and engulfed her in a tight, grateful hug.

Her body stiffened at the gesture. Her muscles tensed for a few moments while he wrapped his arms around her.

And yet, it wasn't long before she barely raised her hand up to caress his small waist, just enough to send the message that she was okay with it.

At that, he allowed a small tear to stream down his face. A happy, satisfied tear. Heat rushed to his cheeks and his insides erupted with butterflies.

He let her go after a few, long moments. He sent her a tearful smile of satisfaction before saying something he mostly regretted the minute he spilled it out.

"I love you! Thank you so much!"

She nodded with a faint smile.

"We have a week, okay? It's a short time, but I know we can do it. I'll see what song we can perform tomorrow. Do tell me if you have one in mind."

He nodded in pure enthusiasm and bolted out of the room, hurrying up the stairs.

"I'll go see if there's one right now!"

She stared at where he once stood, a wide smile creeping over her face. Goosebumps appeared all over her body as soon as she remembered the hug. The way his body was so close against hers. The way she felt warm and included.

Too bad she was forced to marry him.

And yet he had found a way to make her fall in love with him. A way to still get inside her heart and claim it as his.

Wow.

Her heart raced at the idea. Tears began to well up in her eyes and her stomach exploded with butterflies as well.

Did she love him?

After what he said, she was almost sure that he loved her.

Or maybe he said that out of excitement?

Maybe he didn't mean it?

Wait- did he?

She groaned at the thoughts wandering around in her mind. She approached the sink in the corner of the kitchen and opened the tap, which resulted in a stream of water pouring down the round-shaped drain.

She grabbed a tall glass of water from a nearby corner and put it under the stream of water, which caused it to fill up almost immediately.

After closing the tap, she grabbed the glass in her hand and hurried out of the room, towards her own.

But did she love him back?

"So, he said he loves you?" Rajwan asked, his voice unsure.

"I mean, that's good, right?"

She nodded happily, putting the phone close to her ear.

"I guess so. That means he doesn't entirely hate me for the way I treat him, so that's good?"

He nodded.

"I guess you're right. But what song are you going to perform? You know you need to pick the perfect song and have great chemistry to wow the audience with your performance."

She thought for a moment.

"I don't know... He said he was going to see one, but he didn't tell me yet. Also, I have no idea which song. I love a lot of songs, you know?"

He nodded, rolling his eyes, "I know, duh. But, hey- try to get along with him more often. From what I'm hearing, it seems like he needs you beside him and he wants you to talk to him. Why not try doing that and get along?"

She shrugged, a pained expression over her face.

"Because he... What if he's like Saeed? What if he hits me? What if he cheats on me, or worse? You know I don't like sex, so he's more likely to cheat, right?"

Her heart ached at the thought.

"No, no, he wouldn't do that. He's nice. Give him a chance, okay? Tell the whole world that he's yours and try to make him feel better about the situation," the brother advised, "and remember: both of you are in this together."

She nodded, knowing that he was absolutely right.

They were in that together.

But little did they know, something worse was awaiting them.

Way worse.

____________________