Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"IT'S a wrap!" Mal exclaimed cheerfully as she ran towards her husband to pick him up and spin him around the room, hugging his body tightly as result. He laughed and returned the hug, cooperating while allowing her to pick him up.

"I'm so proud of you, jagiya," he giggled, sinking his face into her neck and shrinking into the hug.

She sent him a wide, sincere smile and reached to tap his hip lightly, a gesture she had been doing to him for a while now. He immediately knew what she wanted and allowed her, wrapping his both legs around her small waist while she picked him up once again and placed her both hands on his thighs.

"Now we can finally sit back and relax for a while." She sighed heavily before leaning in closer to his lips, staring at his handsome face and admiring him.

The sentence made him smile for a brief second before his eyes dropped to the floor sadly. He hesitantly sunk his face into her neck and sighed, tears filling his eyes.

Mal's smile faltered, making her glance at his frail figure hugging her tightly, unsure what was wrong.

"Pretty, what's wrong?" She asked her husband, resting a hand on his back to rub it in reassurance. She knew that something had to be bothering him, but what she didn't know was what it might be.

"Jagiya, I..." He began, his voice trembling as if to protest at what he was about to say.

That was when she immediately noticed the piece of paper and the letter that was torn open and lying on the coffee table behind him. She frowned and stepped closer toward the wooden table, still carrying him in her arms.

"Beautiful, what's that?"

He turned around for a brief second, his expression fading into pure sadness and guilt.

"I... This came in the mail this morning," he explained, "I wasn't sure how you were going to feel about it."

She inhaled and reached for the paper in one swift move, putting it close to her eyes to read what was on it.

A few minutes of silence had passed while she scanned the words for any bad new. To her surprise, however, she didn't see anything that might make him that upset.

Quite the opposite, actually.

"But- Hyunjin, that's great news!" She exclaimed, squeezing him tighter and placing a kiss on his hair.

"I know, jagiya..."

She frowned, "so what's the problem, baby?"

He thought for a moment, a small tear pouring down his sad, exhausted face.

"That means I can't wait for you when you come back from work or make you dinner when you're tired, jagiya."

She shook her head and rubbed his back gently, her heart aching at his words.

"Baby, you know I can wait for you..."

He nodded and glanced away from her, still hugging her body.

"It's not just that, jagiya."

"Then what is it, baby?"

He took in a shaky breath, more tears streaming down his face.

"What if I can't do it? What if my movements aren't the same?" He asked, thinking hard while his lower lip trembled.

"What if I'm the reason my group doesn't win?" He asked again, his hands fisting onto her cotton shirt. "What if I disappoint you, jagiya?"

She rubbed his back in reassurance and held onto him, feeling him sink his face into her neck while he sobbed.

"You'll never disappoint me, baby," she assured, tears welling up in her brown orbs, "you're the most talented person I've ever known. You're my husband, and I'll always be proud of you."

He let out a choked sob as he held onto her tighter.

"You know I love you, baby. Now that I have nothing to do for a while, I'll go with you and I'll watch you perform. I'm going to wait for you."

He sent her a soft smile at her words, his breath hitching at how fast his heart was beating.

"What else do you have to do?"

He thought for a moment and tried to collect his words.

"I'm... Going to appear in the introduction episode and episode seven, and they said I have to get rid of the hair dye. I just have to go to the studio with my bare face and they'll take care of everything."

She softly chuckled while a thought crossed her mind.

"They're lucky enough to see your beautiful face, but," she complimented, "I get to see it first."

He giggled and hugged her tighter, still holding onto her shirt.

"You'll go with me, right? I know I'll feel better if you're by my side..."

She nodded with a warm smile, running her fingers through his soft, blond locks.

"Of course, beautiful. I'll be with you every step of the way. I'll wait for you when you're done, and we can eat in a restaurant later. We're going to have so much fun."

He chuckled again, his heart pounding in enthusiasm. A single, happy tear found its way through his handsome face.

"I'd love that..."

She embraced him close to her chest for a few more moments, then shoved him away gently to stare into his glassy eyes.

"Come on, baby," she began, "let's go get you ready."

____________________