Chapter 20

Chapter 20

"GO upstairs, to your husband's room, which is just across the bathroom," Lauren instructed earlier that day, a smug expression on her face as she held up something in her hand.

Mal did as she was told, walking up the stairs to reach her husband's room. The door was closed shut, but she knew he was inside nonetheless. He had to be.

"When you open the door and see the bed in the middle of the room, you'll always remember that's where your husband and I had sex," Lauren spoke, flicking her hair behind her back smugly, "that's exactly where he fell in love with me."

Mal shook her head in disbelief, tears streaming down her face as she made her way to the room.

"And here is the proof. That day after the Grammys, he made me pregnant," Lauren spoke, then raised the object in her hand to show the two girls what it was.

A pregnancy test.

Just an ordinary pregnancy test, which was something Mal would have disregarded if it wasn't for the two, red lines in the middle.

Positive.

She let out a sob and twisted the doorknob, unlocking the door immediately.

She glanced inside the room to see her husband sitting on the bed with the pencil in his hand, drawing and sketching something in the pages of a notebook he had found.

"If you want more proof, I left you my underwear under his bed, to show you how much of a traitor he is."

"Jagiya, you're home!" He spoke in an enthusiastic, delightful tone and proceeded to get up to give her a tight, familiar hug of his.

But was met by the sight of her tears escaping her eyes and her raising her hand to tell him to stay still.

"Stay right where you are," she ordered, her voice trembling. Tears were blurring her vision.

She couldn't believe it.

She stepped closer to the bed, ignoring his questions that kept asking if she was okay. Bending down to see what was under the bed, she spotted a black object, a piece of clothing, unclear in the dim light under the bed.

She stretched her hand out and reached for the object.

Then brought it up for them both to see clearly.

An underwear, and a bra.

And she knew damn well who it belonged to.

"J-Jagiya?"

"I know damn well those aren't my size," she snapped, causing him to shake his head repeatedly, trying to stand up.

"Jagiya, no. It's not what you think-"

She shook her head, biting her lower lip in exasperation.

"You slept with my opponent, and made her pregnant. All while you were beside me telling me that you would never cheat on me."

He shook his head once again, desperately, putting his hands together in a begging motion.

"Jagiya, no, that's not what happened!" He yelled, tears filling his eyes.

"You made me trust you! How could you do this to me? How dare you?"

She huffed in frustration, ignoring his pleas that were begging her to listen to him, to at least let him explain.

She hurried towards the corner of the room, towards a black suitcase. The very same suitcase he moved into the house with.

"Jagiya... Jagiya, come on, please listen to me," he begged, tears streaming down his face while he let out sobs of pain, still shaking his head, "I would never cheat on you. I promise!"

She dragged the suitcase to the center of the room, right by his bed. Then unzipped its zipper.

"W-What are you doing?" He asked. "Jagiya, what are you doing? Please-"

"I trusted you. I fell in love with you, and I tried everything to make you happy. All I ever wanted for you was to be loyal and don't cheat on me," she spoke, ignoring his pleas once again. "And you know what's funny? You promised me not to do that. You promised not to hurt me."

"Jagiya, please-"

"Be quiet!" She yelled, her voice cracking. He gulped and went silent almost immediately, his hands anxiously turning into fists.

She turned to the wide-open suitcase, then turned to look at the wardrobe on the other side of the room. She hurried to the wooden closet and opened it, wincing lightly at how strongly she pulled at its handle.

"Jagiya, what are you doing?" He begged once again, his heart racing in his chest.

She glanced at the sight of the tidied up, luxurious clothes, then grabbed each one by its hanger, tossing it at the bed.

"Jagiya!"

She ignored his frantic calls and grabbed each piece of his clothes, not worrying about ripping them apart as she couldn't care less, then continued to toss them towards the bed.

"You hurt me after you told me that you loved me and played with my heart. You thought this was all a joke, didn't you?" She growled in frustration, her heart aching in betrayal.

He shook his head again, tears blurring and burning his eyes.

"Jagiya..."

It was only then that he realized that he destroyed the world he had built with his wife with his own hands.

____________________