Chapter 28

Chapter 28

SHE climbed on the bed after letting go of her slippers, smiling lightly at the limp, soundly asleep figure of her husband. She sighed and laid down beside him, then leaned in to plant a soft kiss on his forehead.

"Hey, beautiful..." she began, sending him a soft smile, "I missed you."

He let out a hum as he sent her a sleepy smile. "I missed... You..."

She giggled, stretching her arms out to hug him close to her body.

"I love you so much." She whispered with adoration in her tone, placing a small peck on his lips.

"I love... You. A lot." He replied slowly with a raspy voice, causing her to giggle lightly.

She opened her arms to hug him tighter. "Come here."

He unconsciously returned the hug with a sleepy smile, raising his head away from the pillow to rest it on her shoulder. She wiped away a single tear that streamed down her face and squeezed his body tighter.

"I love you so much, beautiful," she whispered finally before helping him lie down. He complied, his body going limp once again.

She lied down beside him and hugged him closer, a heartbroken smile on her face. She planted one last kiss on his forehead before allowing her muscles to relax, closing her eyes shut and sighing heavily.

"Good night, beautiful."

She muttered before reaching for his hand, squeezing it tightly while she drifted off.

The next morning, Hyunjin's eyes fluttered open. He barely stretched his muscles before turning to his side, shifting in his position. His eyes widened as he spotted his wife's figure lying down beside him, her chest heaving up and down while breathing.

He squinted his eyes as he tried to remember the events from the night before, only to fail miserably. He knew he couldn't remember anything that happened after he had passed out, and he couldn't remember why his wife was sleeping beside him, in the same bed. He also couldn't remember why she wasn't mad at him like she usually was.

"J-Jagiya? What are you doing here?"

She opened her eyes slowly after hearing the question, flinching slightly at the warm rays of sunlight seeping into the room.

"Good morning, beautiful!" She greeted in a raspy, delightful tone. "God, it feels good to see you when you wake up like this. You look absolutely captivating."

Heat rushed to his cheeks. He reached up to cover his flustered face and giggled lightly at the words.

"T-Thank you, jagiya,"

She sent him a smile before sitting up straight, stretching her arms above her head to crack her joints.

"How are you today? I really missed you, so I came to sleep beside you."

He nodded and sat up straight as well, "I'm great, baby. Thank you, I know I needed the company."

She sadly smiled before stretching her arms out to engulf him in a tight hug. He threw himself between her arms and returned the hug almost immediately.

"I missed you, beautiful, so much."

He muttered a reply while a frown crept to the side of his mouth.

She shoved him away gently and sent him a smile, her eyes wandering to his pink, plump lips.

She licked her own and leaned closer to him, leaving only a few inches to tell them apart.

She missed the contact, the smash of their lips together. The soft, hungry nibble on his lower lip. His heavy, hitched breathing. His arms wrapped around her shoulders to hold himself upright.

She missed him.

"Beautiful, can I kiss you?"

Her voice came out warm, raspy, and inviting as ever.

He nodded with no hesitation, leaning in closer to her face. They were breathing the same hot air at that point, and both of them didn't mind at all.

"Please," he begged, his voice gentle and desperate.

She smirked and smashed her lips against his. He let out a suppressed moan before returning the kiss, closing his eyes as she lightly nibbled on his lower lip.

"I-I missed you," he whispered as soon as they broke away for air, "so much. I thought I lost you."

She shook her head, her hands secured tightly around his small waist. Holding him between her arms, she planted another deep kiss on his lips before letting go once again.

"You will never lose me," she reassured, murmuring the words into his lips, "I'm always here for you. I'm sorry I treated you like garbage, I should've heard you first before jumping to conclusions."

He nodded, ignoring the tears threatening to stream down his face.

"I'm sorry too," he replied, his tone sad and heartbroken, "I should've told you, jagiya. I should've known you would never judge me."

She smiled and hugged him closer to her body, allowing him to rest his chin against her shoulder, a small tear pouring down his handsome face.

"Now, let's go downstairs, baby. I'm sure they're waiting for us."

He frowned as he remembered that his parents were staying the night in their house. He gulped and avoided her gaze, his cheeks turning light pink.

"Can we kiss one more time?"

The question came out so soft and low, making her smirk and lean in closer to him once again.

"Of course, beautiful."

____________________