Chapter 33

Chapter 33

SHE huffed in boredom as her legs moved up and down anxiously, her gaze stopping at the plain, white wall before her.

She was waiting for the security guards to allow her to see her husband, as she couldn't enter when he was still practicing with his group members. She mentally rolled her eyes at the thought, knowing that she wanted to see him dance with the other members and watch his elegant movements.

She threw her head back against the wall behind her and sighed, crossing her hand close to her chest while hugging herself. She then closed her eyes and allowed her muscles to relax, deciding to put her mind at ease for a few seconds.

A sound of soft, almost inaudible footsteps echoed from behind her, making her open her eyes and look up at the person. It was a tall, muscular security guard with sunglasses and wires covering his neck, with big, black ear buds resting between the shells of his ears.

"Hello, ma'am," he began in a broken English accent, "sorry for the delay. He's ready for you now."

She sighed and stood up from her seat, then followed him inside a long, empty hallway that looked like it belonged to a mental asylum. She lightly chuckled to herself at the reference, her loud heels clinking on the smooth porcelain.

Reaching a two-sided door that was painted in dark blue, the guard pulled at the door's handle and pointed at yet another hallway behind it.

"Right this way, ma'am. The room at the far end."

She nodded and muttered a word of gratitude, then began walking through the hallway. She took a deep breath before pushing the handle and opening the door.

The room was plain and had polished, wooden floors, with lazy-boy chairs scattered over the corners and two big, grey couches in the middle. On these couches, she spotted six members of the group resting and talking about things she couldn't hear. She spotted her husband next to a black-haired boy, talking and laughing to each other.

She coughed to grab their attention, fumbling with her fingernails to avoid their gazes.

"Jagiya, you came!" Hyunjin exclaimed, hurrying towards her to engulf her in a tight, enthusiastic hug.

"I literally dropped you off, pretty," she giggled while hugging him back, squeezing his waist closer to her.

He chuckled and shoved her away gently, then turned to his friends while holding her hand.

"Guys, this is my beautiful wife, Mal!" He exclaimed, leading her a few steps closer into the room.

The members cheered and stood up to greet the older girl, already holding their hands out.

"Hey, I'm Jeongin, but everyone calls me I.N! I'm the maknae of the group!" A boy around a year younger than her husband greeted. He had soft, dark hair with shortcut bangs covering his forehead. She shook his hand and muttered an introduction.

"Hi, I'm Seungmin! I'm the puppy!"

She chuckled at his statement, shaking his hand as well. "That's so cute!"

"G'day, I'm Felix! But you can call me Lix." The boy that was sitting beside her husband earlier spoke in a sweet, caring tone. She returned with a similar soft introduction. Given his accent, she concluded that he was Australian.

"Hey, I'm-" another boy began, opening his eyes to glance at the girl's face. He stopped mid-sentence to remember something, words already forming on the tip of his mouth.

Mal's eyes widened in realization, then engulfed him in a hug, "Jisung?!"

"That's me!"

"I used to babysit you when I was in Korea a few years back," she explained, "you've gotten so big! Do you remember me?"

He nodded in pure enthusiasm and engulfed her in another hug.

"How can I forget? Noona, you were the best babysitter I've ever had!"

After a few moments of speaking about how their lives was for the past few years, she turned to the boy standing beside Jisung, and her eyes widened in shock once again. A familiar, muscular boy stood before her, a wide smile over his face.

"Changbin!" She exclaimed before wrapping her arms around him in a tight hug.

"So you do remember me!" The boy replied, returning the hug shyly and rubbing her back.

"You were my best friend! How the hell am I supposed to forget?"

The two chuckled, and began a small talk about how their lives has been after Mal left Korea, much like the conversation she had with Jisung.

"Hey, I'm Minho, but everyone calls me Lino!" A boy around her age introduced. She shook his hand and sent him a soft smile, replying in a warm, welcoming tone.

"And I'm Chan, the leader!" A boy around a year older than her spoke in an Australian accent, holding out his hand.

She took a moment to remember who he was and shook his hand as well, a warm smile creeping over her face.

"You used to be my boxing coach's substitute when I was learning boxing in Australia! I remember you."

The boy giggled and gave her a quick hug.

"It's great to see you again, Mal!"

"Thanks, you too!"

After a while of spending time with her husband and the rest of the group, the manager of the group decided to let them go back to the hotel rooms to rest for the day.

And they did.

___________________