Chapter 14

MAL giggled as she ran towards her husband, lightly kissing his cheek while grabbing the phone in her hand.

"Our performance is going viral, baby! It already has a hundred million views, and the people love you!" She spoke in a delightful, enthusiastic tone.

Hyunjin giggled and hugged her torso tighter, tears filling up his sleepy eyes.

"It's all you, jagiya! Really."

She shook her head and shoved him away gently, then held up the phone close to his face to show him something that was displayed on the screen.

Comments from fans and critiques.

User1: Damn, this Hyunjin guy sure is pretty.

User2: He's so lucky to get married to someone like Mal.

User3: That performance is flawless.

User4: Their dancing is perfect!

User5: I wonder what his story is.

User6: Well, we knew that Mal was talented but Hyunjin is... Wow.

User7: Ew, she can't be married to that slut!

User8: Fuck off. Stop bullying him.

User9: Why is everyone supporting this bully?

User10: He's from a group called Stray Kids, and he was excluded because of bullying rumours. The president had someone search him up before allowing him to get married to her daughter and the rumours were proved wrong. Everyone, give the man a break.

User11: He's only nineteen, stop!

User12: He must be using her for clout.

User13: Oh God, he's so handsome.

User14: Where the hell did the president find this guy?

User15: He better stay away from her.

User16: Clearly that marriage was forced. Arranged, as they say.

Hyunjin stared at the comments with teary eyes, smiling briefly at the nice comments, but ended up tearing up at the mean comments.

"Jagiya, I d-didn't do it..."

She frowned and turned the screen to her direction, scanning to read the mean comments.

"Hey- beautiful, I know. I told you that before, didn't I?" She cooed, engulfing him in another reassuring hug. "I know that, baby. Please, don't worry about these people, okay? Let's just focus on us."

He nodded and wiped his tears with his sleeve, then sent her a smile.

"Okay..."

"And besides, they're just jealous of how pretty and kind you are. They can never be half of you, so please, cheer up."

She rubbed his back with a grin and planted another deep kiss on the sensitive part of his neck.

He lightly giggled, letting out a small muffled moan. "Jagiya, that tickles!"

She smirked and leaned in again, this time planting a deeper kiss.

He let out another moan, closing his eyes. His body twitched lightly at the gesture.

"J-Jagiya..."

His muffled moans made her smirk wider.

"Anyways!" She began, letting him go but still holding onto his waist. "I have to go to work now. I'll see you tonight, beautiful."

He gave her one last hug before she rushed to the door.

"Oh, and..." She stopped to glance at him one last time. "Don't make food. I'll bring takeout on the way back."

He nodded with a smile, then watched her disappear out of the mansion, her long hair flowing down her back.

He stared at the sketch in his hand, a small, satisfied smile forming over his face while he eyed the drawing he had just finished. A beautiful graphite figure drawing of his wife. The drawing copied a headshot from a VOGUE magazine he had found on a nearby table. His heart ached at the urge to hug her once again, feeling as if he was in a dream already.

It was already more than enough that she loved him. He wanted to show her his talent in art and show her the portrait he made of her, so she could be happy after a long day at work.

He stared at the sketch for a few more seconds before he got up to head towards the kitchen. He hurried towards the sink and opened the tap, then grabbed a tall glass from nearby and shoved it under the stream of water.

He later grabbed the glass and put it close to his mouth, gulping down some of it.

Ding.

Dong.

He set the glass down on the marble sink and glanced at the living room, which was just outside the kitchen.

Who could that be?

His wife wouldn't be in for three more hours.

He shrugged, taking a few steps away from the sink.

Maybe she had to leave early?

Maybe she wanted to spend time with him?

The idea brought a soft smile to his face.

He took a few more steps towards the door, which had a view from his place by the kitchen's doorframe. The doorbell ringing got louder. More demanding.

He winced at the loud noise, his footsteps getting faster towards the door. Hoping to get rid of the noise, he reached for the doorknob and tugged.

And the door opened, revealing a familiar blonde woman that had a seducing smile on her face, her features sharp with jealousy and anger. She took a few steps closer to the door, right where he was standing, and licked her lower lip. He gulped and took a step back, his heart racing between his ribs.

"W-What are you doing here?"

It was Lauren.