17

-Minna-

Her and her adored mate we sat in lucifer office, him on his chair behind his desk while she sat on his lap cuddling into his warmth. The words from earlier wouldn't leave her mind.. He wanted to have a child with her in the future. It made her insides turn to mush but now wasn't the time for that.

The baby had been placed in a home that would care for it so the child was no longer a worry for them at the moment but everything happening with her family and hell was. Both donato and lilith sat opposite them.

They were going on about how to get back at heaven well mostly lucifer. "I don't care about war! They are corrupt therefore we are doing them a favour by getting rid of the high ups!" his hands gripping minna waist tightly making her sigh in pain and place her hands on his cheeks.

"louie you need to calm down" she tried to take his mind of the anger but nothing worked instead he just felt more angry looking at her knowing how many people had wronged her. "minna I would burn heaven down into ashes in seconds if you asked me to, they have hurt you, wronged you, yet you chose to protect them?" he looked at her with confusion and fury laced in his eyes but she knew the anger was not directed at her. Or well she hoped.

"not all of them! Some have wronged me but there are many more innocent. You want to burn innocent angels for the minority.. All of them just for a few hurting me?!" she stood up crossing her arm under her chest while huffing out a big poof of air.

This only caused lucifer to curse as his eyes drifted down to her chest for a second, so he stood up pulling her arms away not wanting others to see. "you are MY mate and MY queen therefore anyone that has wronged you will pay, past or present. I dont care how many dies!" his chest now heaving up and down from the bubbling anger within him.

"your unbelievable! They are innocent beings there with children!" she had never argued before her arrival in hell and she couldn't say that she enjoyed it either. "I'm going to the gardens" abruptly walking away then slamming the door. Minna hated how her chest hurt, she didn't like being upset. But she couldn't understand why lucifer wasn't thinking about all the people that would be hurt in the process. They didn't deserve to be hurt just for her.

As she stood taking a breath outside the room she heard things flying and crashing onto the floor. Lucifer was breaking all his belongings because of his anger.

-----

In the room lucifer was taking heavy pants in order to control his anger, to calm himself down. After seeing his mate storm out he couldn't hold in his anger.

Once his breathing had evened out his face softened before he took off running after his mate, like a puppy that had been scolded by its owners.

"who knew the devil himself could turn into a love sick puppy" donato laughed before adding "he can't stay 5 minutes without her before he is either whining or cursing us out" to which lilith agreed with.

-----

Outside in the garden minna was crouched down in the long grass holding herself. Ever since she had been young anger had been the only thing she had known along with violence so seeing her own mate struggling to control it brought back memories she would have rather forgotten.

Though she knew it wasn't his fault. He was the king of hell peace and a calming aura wasn't exactly something he symbolised or others would think of when they saw him. But now she was his queen and if they were arguing constantly how could they rule over hell together. Maybe they were too different...

Pushing him away seemed like an option.

Comfort was always something easy to find when one was alone. Just themselves and their mind along with a feeling of nature. What could be more peaceful?

Yet she couldn't do it. She wanted to be wrapped in lucifer strong arms. Allowing him to fill her body with his heat taking away her coldness. Minna liked his warmth, his strength and his power. It made her feel safe.

But did he want her like that? Was she too needy for him? She was cold.. Surely he would prefer someone warm, someone more pretty. Lucifer deserved someone better.

Minna couldn't possibly be that person. All her life she had been told she would never amount to anything and deserved nothing.. She was useless, ugly, unwanted.

So why did he seem happy to have her as a mate.

Before her thoughts could go any further down the dark hole she was heading down a voice she couldn't get enough of interrupted her. "I'm sorry little one" his voice deep but the opposite to rough, it drew her in like a spell. It was something that put her in a trance.

Arms wrapped around her petite body pulling her into a muscular chest. An intoxicating scent lulling her into a sense of security.. Safety.

"I wasn't angry at you sweetheart.. I was angry at the creatures around us. I'm sorry" without noticing tears leaked out of her eyes. How could she have found a mate as perfect as the one holding her. What had she done to deserve such treatment.

A panicked lucifer spun her around in his arms before taking her cheeks into his palms. Looking her over to see if she was hurt. "what's wrong? Who made you cry? They have a death wish" the last sentence was more of a growl as his eyes flashed red showing how angry both him and his demon were.

Both of them cared for her more then she could ever imagine and that brought her to the brink of tears again. Closing her eyes she took a deep breath whilst listening to her angel swoon over their devil. "I.." the words got stook in her throat so instead minna pushed herself into his arms allowing his body to cage her.

She buried herself into his warmth causing lucifer and his demon to purr. Their temperature balancing out the others. Nothing would ever feel as good as being wrapped in lucifer arms. It was a place where she could forget anything else existed.

Signing lucifer tightened his hold on the angel in his arms "nothing will ever hurt you anymore my love, not even me" a light kiss was placed on top of her head before lucifer buried his head in her neck, both of them not having anything else to say.

One thinking about how many didn't deserve minna and how she was to precious whilst the other forgot about everything except from the heat rolling on to her cold body. "mm~" minna purred letting her arms slide under lucifers shirt. It was as if her body craved his more than usual.

"hm?" he looked down questioning why her hands hand slipped under his shirt until he noticed the slight shiver her body gave. It was something he would have to get used to since most demons didn't get cold unless ill. He pulled her under his shirt making her gasp. His little mate was freezing but it helped him cool the heat of his skin.

Almost like pouring ice cold water over someone's head whilst they were in scorching heat.

Minna giggled as lucifer lifted her making sure she was fully inside his shirt before turning so they could walk inside. "cute" was the last thing she heard before her eyes dropped and sleep took over.

-----

Sorry for not posting in a while! Been busy but after next week I should be able to update regularly.

Thank you for reading!! I hope you like the story so far and thank you for those who comment.