❤CHAPTER THIRTY❤

JAMES POV ❤

After my little date with Lauretta, no, I won't call it a date, it's more like an outing or something like that. But anyway, after my day with Lauretta I went back to the hostel at about four-thirty PM. The guys were on their beds discussing, including Mark and Tayo who barely stays in the room. Kelvin was on my bed cause you know, this isn't his room but he rarely stays there.

Immediately I popped into the room all eyes were on me, and the whole room became dead quiet like a graveyard.

"Whoa" I simply said and walked up to my bed.

"How was it?" That was Felix asking, of course, he would be the first to ask.

"How was what?" I asked back without sparing him a glance.

"Stop shitting with us dude, how was your date with Laurie?" Andrew asked.

I signaled Kelvin to move a little from my bed so as to lie down and relax.

"First of all, I just came back, and second, it wasn't a date, relax lemme rest small," I said and fell on the bed.

"But did you two kiss?" That was Felix again.

"No we didn't, satisfied?" I deadpanned.

"But is there any hope that she likes you?" Kelvin asked.

"I dunno bro, I dunno".

"Dude, in what I have observed, it looks like Lauretta is into you and you are into her, in fact you both like each other" Jake said in his usual calm voice.

"And I thought I was the only one that has observed this" Andrew said.

"But wait oo, sorry to interrupt, is it the Lauretta in our school you people are talking about?" Tayo asked.

"Yeah" Andrew and Felix answered simultaneously.

Mark and Tayo looked at each other in shock and bursted into laughter.

"Wait, like you mean Lauretta Okoro, Winners snub" Mark said in between his laugh.

"Snub?" Kelvin asked.

"You don't know? Lauretta has never talked to a guy in school before except Jake here" Mark said and pointed towards Jake.

"Swears, I can't even count how many guys have approached her since we were admitted into the school, only Jake and her girl pals are allowed to talk to her" Tayo Chimed in.

"How did you all start talking to her? Even I have tried to toast her one day, like after browsing through the internet to get sharp pick up lines and add to a love letter, this girl trashed it, I was left watching her every move, after she read the book she frowned her face and squeezed the paper and before I knew it, it was shredded and dumped into the dustbin" Mark narrated.

"God, that was bad oo" Andrew said.

This time around I was already sitting upright on my bed.

"That wasn't the worst oo, the worst was that she knew it was me cause while leaving the cafeteria she glared daggers into my body, God saved me that she didn't embarrass me like other girls would. That was when I knew that Lauretta was a no nonsense girl cause I've used those pick-up lines on other girls and it worked" He said.

"You need to know that Lauretta doesn't take shit, especially her brother Frederick, that dude would slaughter any dude that breaks his sisters hearts like someone here" Jake said and shifted his gaze at Andrew.

"I also tried to woo her oo, yes Jake remember that day we were having football practice in school?l" Tayo asked.

"When? We normally have football prac…wait, you mean the day that the girls came to watch us" Jake said.