❤CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT❤

GUESS WHO IS IN THE MEDIA?!

CHRISTMAS DAY🎅

LAURETTA POV 🦋

I was in the backseat of Jake's Royce Roll. It was the twenty-fifth of December, which was obviously Christmas Day. My brother and his girlfriend Tessa were home for Christmas. Unfortunately, they went out for some couple shit leaving me and my sister cause my parents went to some convention or something in Abuja.

Jake came to our house to drag us out of boredom. I could have called my friends but they were all busy.

Damilola and Kelvin have decided to confess and pour out their undying love for each other. and right now they are on a date, first date actually.

Zainab was with Andrew, obviously sucking their lips away.

Wahala for who no dey date sha.

Jane my fellow single lady decided to spend her Christmas in France with her family leaving me alone.

I could have called Adesua and Faith but Adesua texted that she was having a hectic day in the kitchen cause her mom gave the maids Christmas holiday off, leaving the chores for them.

Faith said she was heading to the theatres with her cousins, after that they would have to go to the amusement park and so on.

And now I'm at the back of a Royce rolls watching my sister making out with her boyfriend while he drives.

"If you like eat his lips, my own is that I don't wanna die with the way you are distracting him from concentrating." I said matter of factly.

"Jealous much?" Laura said.

"I go deck you for front there now." I gave her a bombastic side eyes and brought out by phone.

I scrolled through Instagram, seeing updates and all.

"We are here." Jake announced, making me look up from my phone.

It was an unfamiliar building.

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"It's James house." He said.

I frowned at him.

"Why did you bring me here?" I asked again with a frown still on my face.

"Babe, you have to reconcile with that dude." He said, facing me from the driver's seat.

"I don't have anything to reconcile, I was fine without him till you brought me here." I scoffed as I laid my back on the car.

"Do you wanna keep this bad blood flowing within you till next year?, This dude is pained, he has tried to talk to you, he chats you, and sends you letters cause unfortunately he couldn't get your number. Just give him another chance." He said, his tone coming out with pity.

"Another chance to do what?," I retorted. "Another chance to break my heart into pieces and place more bets with me right?, No can do." I said.

"Lauretta," Jake called, rubbing his temples. "I know James was stupid enough to accept that bet, but you need to understand that the dude loves you, he didn't realize it then but he does now. Every love story comes with a starting, what if this was your start?" He said.

"Well you didn't place a bet to have my sister." I said, still not attempting to leave.

"I know, that's why I said every love story has a beginning." He said.

"And how did you know that I love him?" I asked.

"Cause I've seen you cry most nights, even last week, I saw you crying." My sister chipped in for the first time.