❤CHAPTER THIRTY_FIVE❤

LAURETTA'S POV🦋

I looked at the girls having fun, some people were dancing like it was their last day on earth, some where dancing like they forced them to dance, some were eating, few though, few like Chiamaka, Winner's Plus size girl who only think of nothing but food.

When Cardi B's UP began to play almost all the girls in the hall squealed as they went to meet each other and began to twerk like their life depends on it.

I could see my friends in the midst of the twerkers. Also twerking.

"Don't you wanna join them?" I heard someone say behind me, I turned to see James. It made me feel butterflies flying in my stomach.

"Me? twerk, abeg oo, this nyash won't even be nyashing self" I teased making him chuckle.

"I doubt it" He said.

I was about to respond when his phone chimed, indicating that he had a message.

He excused himself and viewed the message. I could see his expression change, he now had a frown on his face, not that handsome smiley face he had.

He looked at me with a look of pity and worry, making me furrow my brow.

"I'm sorry Laurie" He said, facing me.

The way he called that Laurie made me hot all over despite the big ACs in the hall.

"For what exactly cause I know that you've got to apologize for disrespecting me at the beginning" I teased, making him let out a deep chuckle.

"Actually…" He tried to say but was interrupted by the loud squeal of Adesua.

She was hugging Felix so tight.

A teacher came to separate their never-ending hug.

Pfft teachers.

"You were saying?" I asked with curiosity, before he could say anything we heard a voice from the speakers.

"So James, if you hadn't fallen in love with Lauretta what could have happened, what could have done" 

It sounded like Andrew's voice. Well it was cause I could recognize it even in my sleep.

"I don't know, gotten rid of her or something" 

That was James' voice.

Wait, this isn't clear, he could have gotten rid of me if he didn't fall for me?

Okay I need an explanation.

"But seriously, never in your life bet on a girl again, that shit ain't nice" I recognized that voice as that of Jake's own. 

I was dumbfounded. I was placed as a bet.

"Lauretta" James called my name softly, I looked at him still rooted on the ground with mixed emotions flowing in.

"I was a bet?" I asked him.

"I can explain, let's just get out of here" He said and made to hold me but I yanked my hand away before his hand could touch mine.

I looked around and saw the students already looking at us, even the teachers just stood like status, they couldn't do anything.

"Well, well, well" I heard Stacy's voice from the stage. I looked up to meet her devilish smirk.

"Looks like some relationships weren't real, like our darling Lauretta who was placed as a bet by her heartthrob James. Yes Lauretta, your James made a bet with his friends to make you fall in love with him before the end of the camp and as I observed, you've turned into a love-sick bitch ass puppy" She said as she laughed like a maniac.