3. Wicked

Chapter three

"Lily!" Eleanor squeaked out in shock not giving Lily the chance to cover her mouth for no one to hear as she hurried inside her bedchamber. After finding the hidden place that they used to run around when child's, that still led her up towards their bedchamber and now she was here, hugging her sister closely.

She drew back after the emotional embrace they shared, her sister once again cried and Lily smiled with a shake, "Your still crying?" she chuckled as Eleanor squeezed her in a hug, that's when Lily realised the sounds were far sadder than what happy cries should sound like, "God heavens! Are you really crying?"

"Oh god you're here, I never thought you would make it," she sobbed making Lily raise her head and drew back, "of course I would, I never go against my promises, although I can guarantee that it was not easy convincing aunt Cecile"

Was it that Lily was immune to cries or what was the reason she couldn't shred one like her sister? But when her sister cried it always tugged at her heart, she never wanted to hear it again, so she hoped to make her smile, and speaking of their aunt, Eleanor did smile.

"What you said in the letter... you will tell me right"

Eleanor wiped her cheek as Lily handed her a napkin for her to sneeze, "I- I missed you so much, why did you leave me?" she whispered brokenly, Lily this time felt her eyes moisten, she told herself to not break down, always stand high because that at least kept her sane and most all brought comfort to her twin sister,

But two years, god hell two years and she was this close to tell her everything, tell her how she never wanted to leave had it not been for her, "You know I needed a lesson or two in manners, besides London bore me to death, I thought our letters was enough," Lily said in a lie, of course she had anticipated for her sister to throw questions.

But something else was amiss. Something that explained why in two years she returned, and Delilah was frightened, scared, just like when they were young she would shake.

Lily clutched her hands, "I am here, I am here now.. tell me, what has you so distressed? Is it father---"

"I am getting married," Delilah met her eyes and Lily drew away with a wide smile, god hell, her sister always gushed about that industrial working man... what was his name know again?..., "Kevin! Your marrying him?, I am so happy for you ellie!...." Lily trailed off but soon realised there was nothing happy in her sisters face, no instead there was her sorrowful and downcast look,

Something was definitely wrong, and Lily was not a fool, she was far from it and it didn't take her long to understand that, "He did it, didn't he?!" Lily was about to storm out of the room before Delilah grasped her arm in panic, her eyes wide as tomatoes, "Please! You cant go to father, he—I- I accepted..."

"Accepted exactly what?" Lily slowly questioned, a lump formed in her throat as she waited for her sister to answer, her sister slumped back on the bed and realised a heavy sigh, just like always when Lily couldn't wait she hissed out, "Oh out with it,".

"I am not marrying Kevin, I am marrying Lord Hartwick" Eleanor said and watched her sister with a new sensation of frightening, Lily was bubbling with controlled fury, god hell she was marrying another man?. "And prey tell who is this Lord Hartwick...Do you love him?" she asked, although the name did cling in her mind she paid no attention, "I cant lie to you Lily, I love Kevin.. but Lord Hartwick is suitable, and Kevin is not,"

"According to who?" Lily bit out, with a twisted grimace she didn't need to guess twice, this was all the life their father planned out, all planned out in accord, "W-what do you mean Lily? Please don't be angry at father, he---"