39. The ship

Chapter 39.

"You women need to eat, get bonny and then your beauty will blind any men," the old woman who Lillian believed to be an maid was in fact the inkeeper and owner of this place, her name Karina, a very warm and kind woman but she was also very persuasive and wheedling woman, so much that Lillian and Eleanor had shut up once another plate of food was in their sight, "Eat and finish the whole plate, child"

and the woman convinced them to stay longer, Lillian had in mind to leave after one day of sleep and a good bath, then she would find a ship to take her back to Ireland,

but it didn't end up well as Karina shook her head, "A week of carriage riding and you think to leave before dinner? besides the only ship that will take you to ireland is one after this storm goes down,"

Lillian then gasped and looked outside the window, seeing indeed the weather blowing increasily.

Hell and dammnation! what ought she do? twiddle with her fingers? embriodery? perhaps it wasn't hard for her sister who seemed to enjoy the old woman's tale in life, Karina spoke all from speaking of her childhood where she meet a man she fell in love with and to herself owning a shop without a single man in her life.

Indeed a fascinating story that normally would capture Lillian's attention.

Had it not been for the feeling inside her that was anxious and felt like something worse than storm would come her way.

Brushing her thoughts away Lillian forced a smile as she listened to the conversation with half ears.

But that was six days ago, now the storm calmed down and so did the weather, the coldness was not as forceful as the week ago, "Thank you for everything, I cannot thank you enough truly," Eleanor hugged the old woman, Lillian as well, the woman whipped a tear away, "You two remind me of my cousin and I, we used to travel everywhere together... see so much beauty around the world.. I would like to tell you guys that nothing beat Italy... specifally rome, it was captivating and had i the power to visit once again... dear I must be babbling your time away... do not mind an old lady now hurry"

Eleanor grinned, "Italy sounds lovely"

Bidding the woman goodbye they headed out and walked away from the cottage.

"Dear god, that was an very needed relaxing weekend," Eleanor was smiling then turned to Lillian,

"Are you having back thoughts?" Eleanor continued after they had argued for long when Lillian told her she was going back to Ireland instead of joining her to meet Kevin, at first Eleanor started suggestion she could live with them, once she and kevin got married, but Lillian would not budge, declining.

"No god no, it's just, I am worried people will know were here, we've been here for a whole week and god knows if that woman is chatty to others as well, she could likely gossip to any newsmen around here"

"Oh do not be silly! karina is to old for that kind of gossip, besides we never told her our true names"

"Yes, you are right" Lillian mumbled perhaps she was being paranoid for no reason, but she didn't want no one espeically a certain one that both her and Eleanor was up here.

The last thing she wanted was to stir up even more attention when the damage have already been done, God lillian could only wonder what Evan must be going through, perhaps he already visited a preist to seek a divorce and take care of the marriage license, then he would find another wife

one who would not decieve him, abandon him.

As they walked further and saw their carriage, Smith already back with the horses, "Smith, do take care of my sister and see well that she safely arrives," Lillian said to the fifty three year old man, a few wrinkles on his forehead but still a charming kind man, "I assure you i will my lady"