8. Suffering

Chapter 8

Lily woke up feeling an uncomfortable sensation against her neck, at first she believed to be back in Ireland where her dog would somehow squeeze himself in her bed and lick her face, make her wake up in weird places, but that was not the case.

With a bolt of shock she straightened realising that she has been sleeping in the carriage, god heavens! Had they not already arrived? How far away was his bloody house?!. They must have been riding for least a day now that dawn broke out.

She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and saw her now husband himself draped in an awkward position in front of her, his long legs was barely stretched, as if he took grate care to not touch her. But what surprised her more was that the blasted man had the files in his hands,

It irked her. No, it aggravated her.

That a man on his wedding day, not that she expected much from a man she barely knew, but in all her visions and imaginations she at least expected the husband to want spend time with his wife.

She was his wife after all, well of course if he had not realised she was a fraught.

But he had not, and that was obvious from the way he spoke before she stupidly feel asleep, not that she could blame herself from feeling restless in this carriage with him and his work, that he choose over his now wife.

She glared at him hard and enjoyed the way his neck seemed to sprain, and his hair dishevelled, she wanted to see him suffer. It pleased her a fraction but not much since she  was suffering more,

So much for a wedding day, although yesterday was splendid, although while she really did not want to enjoy it. Everything besides Lord Hartwick was perfect, she saw her old friends and although it had not felt the greatest to act as if she was her twin sister she forgot how much she missed to be in society, glistening and gossiping about what and not.

A part of her was scared of what would happen now. God hell she was not her twin sister who could sit silently and twirl with her fingers, or read a book. Just what did the man expect from her? Her sister had told her all about running the household and he had a young brother called John. But nothing about the man she was now married to.

And then Evan had to cut in and interrupt them, simply stating that they need to retreat, she had not missed the giggles and grins from her bosom ladies who probably imagined all the wicked things that happened after a man and woman married.

Hah! as if that was true, men like Lord Hartwick would find pleasure with their mistresses.

And now she was left alone in a carriage with Evan Hartwick, her husband.

As she glared at him something seemed to be more familiar about his face, as if she has seen him, somewhere.. but she couldn't point out where or bloody when. Seeing that her father was more than autistic about the wedding, he even shared laughter with old men and participated in a game of cards in his sixty years of age, Lily came to conclusion that this man must stood her father close.

And for that she despised him even more.

He perhaps is her father's political companions, sharing the same chauvinistic perspective that she always loathed.

It all made sense why he wanted Eleanor as his bride, the perfect England bride. Eleanor was shy, quiet and never liked attention, elegant and beautiful, one that would keep silent and obey his every wish, she would of course not speak to much because that would make him seem as a weak man, 'a woman shall never voice her intelligence in front of gentlemen' the words every lady has learnt. A sudden burning rage that had no place to be felt came washing over her, all the rational thoughts left Lilys mind as she daggered holes at her peaceful sleeping husband.

Against all her previous plans she plotted one that she vowed would never leave his memory,

Why not teach the arrogant man a lesson or two......

________________________________

           VOTE AND COMMENT