Chapter - 4: Zelretch's Gift

Chapter 4: Zelretch's Gift

......

[ Two Years Later: Eight Years Old ]

--

" I.Hate.Birth.Days."

A slightly older Y/N said, using his Mom's lap as a lap pillow.

" Mou~ Me too. I barely got to see you today. My big sister kept on hugging you!" His Mom pouted, caressing his forehead and hair.

" Me and you both, my big man." He Dad, plopped himself, next to them, resting his head on his Wife's shoulder.

" Hmph, I am mad." She mumbled," Those old fossils have no right, to make my two favorite people In the whole world like this."

" Old fossils? Neat nickname. I'm gonna use next time I see them." Y/N chuckled out.

" No, you won't." Chuckling himself, his Dad smiled," Plus; they are still scared of your Mom. So she might send them to their long-awaited Deaths."

" Scared?"

" Yep." His Mom smugly explained," When one of those old fossils mad cry when you're younger, I gave them a piece of my mind."

"... You sent a group of Mi-go after them." His Father deadpanned.

" And you sent a Shantak after them when they almost dropped him." She fired back, smiling all 'sweetly'.

'... I don't even what to know now.' Y/N held In a sigh.

"... We may be overprotective." He Father admitted, looking at the 'sleeping' Y/N.

" Hmph, you said that, not me."

--

[ Night ]

Listening to the whispers of his parents leaving his room, Y/N eyes shot open.

Lying back in his bed, his gaze fell on a huge black book with an (F/C) cover on the nightstand.

It looked a little bronze, its color faded and old. It was strangely thick, two or three times thicker than a normal book. The cover was even filled with strange, ancient characters.

Y/N felt a strange attraction toward that book.

There seemed to be an unknown being who slowly called him forth. That kind of feeling felt just like the anticipation of installing a game, waiting impatiently to scroll the mouse and clicking on the start button... Y/N subconsciously reached his hands out, wanting to touch that strange-looking (F/C) book. Unbeknownst to him, the moment his fingers touched the book, that book suddenly shone with a golden light.

The whole room was soon filled with a golden light.

Light so bright, Y/N had to his other hand and covered his eyes. He almost couldn't open his eyes due to the strong light.

Inside his body, there seemed to be a change. It seemed like something had awakened.

It felt like a mysterious power that had slept inside him for all this while was awakened. The revelation seemed like heralds of angels singing at heaven's gate, causing Y/N to tremble all over.

When the feeling stopped, he flooded with waves and waves of knowledge and experience.

" Wh..." Reading and understanding the power Zelretch gave him, he was at loss for words.