「 𝐓𝐰𝐨 」

emily's pov

i got smacked again after i stayed on the ground and cried.

"pathetic." step-mother scoffed and rolled her eyes.

nothing i did made her happy. not a thing. all she ever does is ask me to do things for her. even if i did them, i'd still get slapped. some nights worse than some.

i sighed as i wobbled to my room and pushed open the door. i walked to the mattress and sat down on the torn sheet. i was exhausted and dehydrated. i haven't fed in two weeks and i was getting weaker and weaker as the days went by.

no matter how much i protest about the fact that i could eat the leftovers, step-mother would destroy the plate in my face and rub the food all on my clothes.

her words would be "eat it now, nasty girl".

ever since that one time i didn't bother to say anything about it again.

after i rested for a bit, i walked to the bathroom and got in. i wet my rag and started to dab up the blood that was dried on my skin.

successfully getting the blood off of my skin, i looked at the black and purple marks that were slowly forming on my skin.

i sighed.

"will this ever be over?" i whispered to myself.

-

i climbed through the window and slid down the tree. when i landed, i fell straight to the ground, seeing as i was limping. i groaned and got up. i moved as quickly as i could to the back of the house and then to the forest.

every night i'd leave the house just to go to the forest to spend some time around nature. i couldn't run away. i just couldn't find myself doing so, no matter how much i wanted to.

it was a full moon so i didn't need to bring flashlights to see my way - not that i'd want flashlights. easily, i could find my way around in the dark better than the day. i just love the dark and it was easier to find comfort in than in the day.

i moved through the forest, wobbling until i got to my favourite spot. i sat down on the ground and stretched out my legs, sighing in pain. my body was crying for me to run away but at the same time to give it some rest.

i don't know what to do.

not in this situation.

i have a feeling that it'll end soon but nothing never goes right so this is forever. something i have to endure until they die.

i didn't want teenage years to be like this - nor my adult hood.

i heard sticks snapped behind me and didn't pay any attention to it. probably some badger or something. footsteps neared me and that's when i turned around.

i saw two wolves standing behind me.

i gasped.

one of the wolves were black and the other was white. the only thing that was telling that there was a black wolf is it's eyes and the white patch of fur on its head.

the white wolf's eyes were black whilst the black wolf's eyes were white, mixed with red.

oddly, i felt drawn to them.

the white wolf sat down meanwhile the black one approached me. it's nose sniffed out my scent and i looked at it. it's soft fur touched my skin and i shivered.

it growled softly when it came upon a bruise of mine that i just got and used it's snout to push up my shirt. the white wolf jogged to me and they examined the bruise.

i hesitantly pushed it's snout away and lowered my shirt.

"nosy." i mumbled.

the white wolf whimpered and pressed it's nose in my neck.

"im okay. don't worry."

am i going mental? here i am, talking to two wolves, reassuring them that im okay.

"im going to ask a question and im going to need a straight answer. how did this happen?"