Chapter 16

Katherine eyed her closely.

"You're Mason's little girl, aren't you?" said Katherine when she saw Rosalind.

"Let's not ruin things between us before they begin," said Rosalind, making sure to note the difference in her tone of voice in comparison to Elena. That was one way of telling them apart. "No mentioning my dad. And, here—" she handed her a vial. "Bleed into that. Bonnie's linking us so my heartbeat can also be yours tonight."

Katherine raised a brow. "Creative." She pricked her finger with a bobby pin and started to bleed. "You ready, then, Matty Blue?"

Matt cast her an awkward smile. "Yeah. This is going to be a weird... three person thing. But sure."

"I'll probably give you guys some space to monitor Tyler," said Rosalind. "I think it may look too suspicious if we're all together. Or Klaus will just make threesome jokes that no one wants to hear. Just... remember the plan. And be careful, Matt."

"I will be," he said. "My car or yours?"

"My car, so I don't have to come back and get it. We are going to be at my house, after all."

When they pulled up to the mansion, Rosalind's mouth dropped open. She almost didn't recognize it. The lawns on both sides were filled with people. A band was set up, blasting music and bright lights that illuminated the field. And it seemed like there were people there that no longer belonged in high school.

"What the fuck," mumbled Rosalind as they walked in. "Tyler is more efficient than I have ever given him credit for..." she motioned for them to follow her in. "I need a drink, and I'm assuming those are inside..." she trailed off when she saw Tyler. "On second thought, I'll join you in a bit."

She went over to speak with him. "Who's your party planner?" she asked. "How did you organize this so... fast?"

"I didn't," said Tyler simply. "I'm just doing what Klaus wants."

Rosalind blinked. "And Klaus wants you to relocate our homecoming?"

"That's what he wanted. It's not a party, it's a wake. Our house happened to be very available." He gestured toward the stage where the band had stopped playing. Klaus was now standing there in front of the microphone.

"Good evening, everyone!" he said enthusiastically. "I want to thank you for being here with me to celebrate! It's been a long time coming!"

"Oh, god," said Rosalind dryly. "He sounds ridiculous."

Tyler shrugged, and Rosalind sighed. "You know what, I should go before this gets tense."

"It doesn't have to be tense," said Tyler. "You just need to accept his offer to turn. Just beg already. It's what he wants."

Rosalind shook her head. "I can't do this right now." She left quickly, and found Katherine and Matt inside. "Did you guys hear the announcement?"

"Yeah," said Matt. "Just when I thought things couldn't get weirder..."

"I know!" said Rosalind. "Tyler's sire bond is causing him to let Klaus have free reign of our house! If anything is messed up in my room, I'm going to kill him."

Katherine snorted lightly. "So much for Homecoming..."

Matt glanced between them. "This is weird... us being here together."

"It is," said Rosalind smoothly. "But you know Elena, she's too nice to turn people down. We got lucky."

"There's Caroline," mumbled Katherine. "She doesn't know anything. Act normal."