Chapter 40

Rosalind was beyond pissed.

"You have got to be kidding me," she sneered when she awoke in the Salvatore cellar, bound to a chair with the same chains she and Tyler had used on their full moons. Her skin stung, reeking of wolfsbane and vervain. There was a piece of wood in her abdomen that she couldn't reach.

She tried to move her feet, triggering a string that tilted a bucket over her head, drenching her in hot water. She cried out from the discomfort as it made the burns on her skin worse.

"She's awake."

Her eyes drifted upwards as Damon came in, followed by Tyler.

Rosalind laughed dryly. "Tyler. You have some nerve coming back here after what you did. I'm surprised Klaus hasn't cut your head off yet."

"Likewise," said Tyler. "Bonnie did a spell. Klaus won't know I'm here."

"Mm..." she tilted her head, "Well, when he comes by, I'll just tell him. He and Kol brought me here, didn't they? God, and I was thinking they'd be the ones that would allow me to do whatever the hell I wanted. I thought they'd like me better this way. I'll be sure to shove the white oak stake in Kol's heart before I go and kill Elijah. Klaus, I can't kill until I find a way to unlink myself from him. But it should be possible. And I'll derive great pleasure from watching him burn."

"There you go," said Damon. "You're feeling anger and hate."

Rosalind glared at him. "I think it would be interesting to watch you bite off your own tongue and choke on it... on repeat. While your skin is carved off piece by piece."

"You can lash out all you want," said Damon. "You're too weak to do anything. You've been having neck-snap-naps for days now while we bled you and seeped you in wolfsbane. You're vervain-free and you haven't had blood in days."

"I fed more in the past week than I have in all the time I've been a hybrid, about ten times over. You haven't weakened me enough."

She slammed herself and the chair into the nearest wall, ignoring the burn of the hot water falling onto her. The chair shattered, loosening the chains enough for her to slip out. Within an instant she had Damon's heart in her fist.

"Make one move," she warned Tyler, "and he's dead. And you should know I want to kill him. So get me my phone and whatever else you took from me and I'll be on my way."

There was a scuffling sound from around the hall. Tyler ducked as a jet of wolfsbane water was shot at her from a water gun wielded by Caroline. Rosalind unintentionally released her grip on Damon's heart to shield her face, yelling out in pain. The two vampires rushed in, restraining her while Tyler took the chains, wrapping them so tightly around her that she was left stiff as a board on the simple bed in the cell.

"I will kill all of you," she seethed angrily. "I will remove your eyeballs and make you eat them—"

"Get it all out," urged Damon. "Every ounce of anger to remind you of what you feel. Of the emotions you have and have had. Now that we've ensured she's properly restrained, why don't we start with the ah... presentations?"

Caroline nodded. "All of us want to help you, Rosalind, which is why almost all of us have prepared something to remind you of your humanity. To bring up good memories."

Rosalind rolled her eyes. "Let me see if I can guess which will be the lamest acts. Let's start with you, Caroline. You'll probably remind me of all the times I cooked and baked for you when you were feeling unwell. And all the times I was there to hear you out. Well, you should know I faked giving a shit because I actually pitied your mom for having to grieve while dealing with a nosy, stuck-up, conceited bitch like you."