Chapter 24

Rosalind was excited.

Everything seemed to be going well for those immediately surrounding her. Maybe the Originals getting unlinked wasn't a good thing for the rest of the group, but Rosalind figured there was no point in not celebrating the de-linking if there was no longer a way to kill them. Might as well be happy for Klaus, Rebekah, Elijah, and Kol and even for Finn, who was about to be reunited with his true love.

It gave her confidence in speaking with Elena later. She'd tell her the truth and maybe, just maybe, it would go very well for her.

Klaus and Rebekah announced their return by tossing Finn through the front door. Bonnie was waiting alone in the downstairs study, and Rosalind had been upstairs with Sage, offering her some blood bags.

"They're back," said Rosalind, giving Sage a kind smile. "Ready?"

The redhead nodded, speeding to the top of the stairs, where she was able to see Finn on the ground, looking up at his younger siblings.

"You can't force me to help you," Finn sneered at Klaus.

"Oh, I most likely could," said Klaus. "But why force when I can persuade?" He gestured toward the staircase, signaling for Sage to begin walking down.

"Hello, Finn," she said gently.

Finn's eyes widened. "Sage!" He rushed over to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

Rosalind was quick to descend past them, to not disturb their greetings. "Bonnie's ready for the spell," she said. "All we need is Finn's blood."

"Perfect," said Klaus. "Well, you're free to go, Rebekah."

"Good," said the blonde. "I have something important to do."

"What is it? Where are you going?"

"I have some unfinished business with Damon Salvatore. Ask Sage what he did to me. Then you'll understand why retribution is in order."

Rosalind wasn't sure what that meant. Or whether she should be worrying about warning Damon. She didn't get to think about it, because Klaus quickly beckoned for Finn to deposit his blood in a vial. Then, he and Rosalind went to meet Bonnie in the study.

"Here you go, love," said Klaus, placing the vial in front of her. She'd set up on a circular table with five candles, lit and ready. "What else do you need?"

"A bowl to combine this in," said Bonnie. "After this, I owe you nothing. Not that I ever did in the first place."

"You will be safe," said Klaus. "And, should you wish for it, I could locate your mother for you and bring her back to you."

Bonnie stiffened, accepting a bowl into her hands. She took the five vials of blood, uncorking them and spilling the blood into the bowl. She swirled it in her hands to mix it, then handed the vials to Rosalind, who went to throw them away in the kitchen. When she returned, Bonnie was chanting softly over the pool of blood she'd spilled on the table.

The blood started to separate into five smaller blobs, all nearing a candle and leaving a gap in the center. "It's done," said Bonnie when the blood was fully divided. "You and your siblings are no longer linked."

"Let's get you home," said Rosalind, putting an arm around her. "Thank you, Bonnie." She gave Klaus a significant look.

Grudgingly, he muttered, "Thank you."

Bonnie said nothing. She and Rosalind walked out to Bonnie's car. "Rebekah mentioned something about Damon," said Rosalind. "I'm going to go to the Salvatore House to see what's up. Go home and rest... stay safe. Thank you for this."