ೃ⁀➷ v. a truce

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

caroline harrington had no idea what she was doing. when she planned it all in her head, it made sense. sneak out of her room, walk to the woods, and find will. looking back to her three-step plan now, she realized how stupid that was.

"i thought you weren't will's friend and that you wouldn't go looking for him," the voice of mike wheeler caused caroline to whip her head from behind and flash her flashlight at the three boys. of course, it was just her luck that mike wheeler, dustin henderson and lucas sinclair would be there at the same time as her.

it was really caroline's fault for not thinking they'd go out for will as well.

"not that it's any of your bussines, wheeler," caroline said, "but i'm failing earth and biology." she didn't miss the way the three boys's eyes widened, even in the dark. everyone knows her reputation for being a brainiac. "will offered to tutor me. we became friends, okay?"

"he never told us that," lucas said.

"yeah, well, i asked him to keep it a secret," caroline spat before quietly adding, "now thinking about it, i'm not sure why i did. look, whether or not you like me, wheeler, we both want to find will. so if i were you, i'd get off my high horse and just call a truce."

"a truce?" dustin hesitantly asks. as mike's friend, he knows what kind of chaos caroline and mike have been causing since they both decided they didn't like the other.

caroline, swallowing her pride, reaches her hand out. lucas and dustin hold back a gasp as both of them thought the same thing; were they really going to have a truce?

mike, wondering the same thing, stared at caroline's stretched out hand. he looked back up at her, their eyes meeting, and for a second, just a second, it was just them. it was just the two of them standing in the rainy forest, about to shake hands.

"okay," mike said as he clasped his hand with caroline's, shaking it. maybe then, i'll solve the puzzle that is you, caroline harrington.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"will!" mike exclaimed.

"byers!" lucas added.

"william horowitz byers!" caroline shouted, causing the three boys to glance at her. "you guys didn't know joyce's maiden name was horowitz?"

shaking his head, dustin shouted, "i've got your x-men 134!" then, he turned back to the group. "guys, i really think we should turn back."

"seriously, dustin?" lucas said. "you wanna be a baby, then go home already!"

"i'm just being realistic, lucas!"

"no, you're just being a big sissy!"

caroline rolled her eyes at the arguing boys she was in the middle of. trying to get away from their screaming match, she looks up and finds mike slightly ahead of them. she moves closer and lands beside him, "hey."

mike glances at her and nods, "hey." an awkward silence looms over them, the only noise being the rain and dustin and lucas. "i'm glad...i'm glad will has you as a friend."

"i thought he wouldn't be friends with someone like me?"

he winces and turns to caroline to apologize but dustin says something that caught her attention, "did you ever think will went missing because he ran into something bad? and we're going to the exact same spot where he was last seen? and we have no weapons or anything?"

while caroline was beginning to think the same thing, she wouldn't dare leave. will was the only person she could consider a friend, she wouldn't lose him. not without knowing why, at the very least.

hearing something in the distance, caroline turns to the henderson boy, "dustin, shut up."

"i'm just saying, does that seem smart to you?"

mike, hearing the same thing caroline did, glanced at his friend, "shut up. shut up." as both caroline and mike make eye contact when they both heard a rustling sound, the latter turns to his two friend, "did you guys hear that?"

flashing all their flashlights ahead of them, the four of them squint their eyes but ended up looking behind them because of another rustling sound. this time, however, they did find something. it wasn't will byers, however. it was a bald girl in a yellow t-shirt.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

hey! sorry i didn't update yesterday, BUT, i have an announcement to make. im not sure lots of people know this but i use to edit on instagram. i quit recently, however, to make more time to write. but i decided to start editing again but on tiktok and they'll be about my fics! i just thought it would be cute and all that hehe. i took some time yesterday to make some scenepacks since my characters are just add-ons and yeah, you get what i mean. i finished the one for my kaz brekker fic (fool's gold) and will be making one for this soon! my @ on instagram and tiktok is druigvfx!

again, another short chapter, but chapter five? and five being an important number to caroline? and this being the start of caroline and mike's friendship? hmmmmm