ೃ⁀➷ xviii. nutty bars

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

caroline was starting to get tired as she leaned on mike's shoulder. "how much further?" mike shouted to dustin henderson, who was leading the group with his compass.

"i don't know. these only tell direction, not distance," he turns back to an annoyed looking caroline. "you really need to learn more about compasses."

"cut the sass, henderson," caroline said as she flipped the boy off, who laughed and turned back to his compass. the redhead sighed as she removed her head from mike's shoulder. "i'm so tired. i didn't eat breakfast today."

mike smiled as he reached for something in his pocket and handed it to her. "i brought nutty bars for you, don't tell dustin, though."

caroline's eyes widened as she smiled and grabbed the wafer. "have i mentioned i no longer hate you?" the wheeler boy smiles as she looks up at him with the widest smile he's ever seen.

they continued to walk, dustin and lucas at the front, caroline and mike at the bike and eleven in the middle.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅

"oh, no," dustin says as caroline furrows her eyebrows at her surroundings.

"oh no? what's oh no?" lucas asked.

"we're headed back home," caroline explained, understanding their situation. dustin nodded his head at her, possibly wondering how the sister of steve harrington could be so smart.

mike turned to her. "what?"

"setting sun, right there," caroline said, pointing her finger at that direction.

"we looped right back around," dustin added.

"and you two are just realizing this now?" lucas said, annoyed.

"why is this on me?" dustin said as caroline rolled her eyes and leaned her head on mike's shoulder, again. she was really tired. "what do your compasses say?"

caroline looks down at her compass, as all three of them say "north." lucas sighs as dustin looks around. "maybe the gate moved?"

"no, i don't think it's the gate. i think it's something else screwing with the compasses," dustin said.

"maybe it's something here," mike supplied.

the redhead shook her head, "no, it has to be like a super magnet."

then, it all made sense to lucas sinclair as he turned to eleven. "it's not a magnet," he said. following his line of sight, caroline's eyebrows furrowed when he was pointing at the other girl. "she's been acting weirder than normal. if she can slam doors with her mind, she can definitely screw up a compass."

"oh, come on, lucas, why would she do that?"

"because she's trying to sabotage our mission. because she's a traitor!"

lucas begins to approach eleven, causing caroline to let go of mike and walk closer to them, "lucas, man, what are you doing?"

but her words fell deaf to lucas' ears. "you did it, didn't you? you don't want us to reach the gate. you don't want us to find will. admit it. admit it!" he exclaimed as he grabbed eleven's arm and showed them the blood on her jacket. "fresh blood. i knew it. i saw her wiping her nose on the tracks! she was using her powers!"

"bull!" mike shouted before turning to eleven, "that's old blood. right, el?" just like the night they found will's body, eleven remained silent as she watched mike.

caroline moved forward, "right, el?"

unlike the night of them finding will's body, eleven does speak. but this time, she speaks the words they didn't want to hear. "it's... not... it's not safe."

"what did i tell you? she's been playing us from the beginning!" lucas shouted as he and mike argued. eleven backed away in a corner in between the buses while dustin and caroline stood infront of the two boys.

"that's not true. she helped us find will!"

"find will? find will? where is he, then? huh? i don't see him."

"yeah, you know what i mean."

"no, i actually don't," lucas said. "just think about it, mike. she could've just told us where the upside down was right away, but she didn't. she just made us run around like headless chickens."

caroline, having enough, moved between the two of them and pushed them apart, "okay, let's calm down for a second."

"no!" lucas said as he pushed caroline, shocking both her and mike. "she used us, all of us! she helped just enough so she could get what she wants. food and a bed. she's like a stray dog."

"screw you, lucas!"

"no! screw you, mike. you're trying to act like a nice guy to impress caroline. but wake up, man! wake the hell up! she knows where will is, and now she's just letting him die in the upside down."

"lucas..." caroline said.

"for all we know, it's her fault."

"shut up," mike said.

"we're looking for some stupid monster," lucas said as he lightly pushed mike. "but did you ever stop to think that maybe she's the monster?"

"i said shut up!" mike shouted as he tackled lucas to the ground.

caroline's eyes widened as she watched the two friends fight on the ground. from the background, she could hear both dustin and eleven to stop, but all the redhead could think about was how to get them off of each other.

as she was about to do something she would regret, eleven shouted "stop it!" and threw lucas' body off mike and unto the ground. she hid her fist and ran towards him.

"jesus!" caroline exclaimed as she landed beside him and kept shaking it. "lucas, wake up! come on, lucas, i don't like this! wake the hell up!"

as she was trying to get her friend to wake up, mike turned around to face eleven, "why would you do that? what's wrong with you?" mike shouted at her. caroline couldn't tell him to shut up because she was too worried for lucas' wellbeing. "what is wrong with you?"

caroline exhales and stands up once lucas wakes up. she sends eleven an apologetic look as she watches dustin ask lucas how many fingers he was holding up, only to be ignored.

"let me see your head," mike says but lucas pushed him of.

"get off of me!" lucas shouts as he tries to stand up.

"just... lucas. lucas, let me see."

"get off of me!"

caroline watches as lucas walks away. mike was about to go after him but she held his hand, "let him go. he probably needs to cool of first."

mike nods his head and gives dustin a weak smile. then, his smile turns into a frantic look, which worries caroline. "where is el?" 

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

this was so random, i have no motivation to write mike now IM SO SORRY?? im sure it's just a rn thing cause im starting my klaus mikaelson fic and im pumped for that

also... the nutty bar scene will be important in the future so... anyways bye