ೃ⁀➷ vi. weirdo on maple street

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

there was a time caroline felt threatened by will byers, mike wheeler, lucas sinclair and dustin henderson's intelligence. she thought they were a threat to her being the smartest in their grade. it was, after all, will byers who helped caroline not fail earth and biology.

"is there a number we can call for your parents?" caroline asked as she sat down beside the girl whilst the three boys just stood infront of them.

"where's your hair? do you have cancer?" dustin asked and caroline looked at him, wondering how she ever thought he and the two other boys were anything but stupid.

"did you run away?" lucas asked.

"are you in some kind of trouble?" mike added.

"is that blood?" lucas reached over and was about to touch her face when caroline swatted his arm.

"dude, you're freaking her out!"

"she's freaking me out!"

"i bet she's deaf," dustin said and clapped his hands together, infront of the girl's face, causing everyone to flinch. "not deaf."

caroline pinched the bridge of her nose. idiots, they were all idiots, she thought. "all right, that's enough, all right? she's just scared and cold," she went to stand up when the girl grabbed her wrist, lucas and dustin stepped back out of fear but caroline stared at her. she slowly sat back down and glanced at mike, "get some clean clothes for her, please."

nodding his head, mike went over to the laundry basket. then, the thunder rumbled loudly and caroline could feel the girl's grip on her hand tighten. a part of her heart ached for the girl.

a few seconds later, mike came back with clothes. "here, these are clean."

the girl takes the clothes and she takes off the jacket mike had given her when they first arrived. caroline stood up as well, about to help her go to the bathroom when the girl starts to lift her shirt. "oh, wait shit, no!" she exclaimed as she held the girl's hands.

"no, no!" lucas exclaimed whilst dustin chanted, "oh, my god. oh, my god!"

"see over there?" mike said, pointing at a door while stammering. "that's the bathroom. caroline," he said while nudging his head towards caroline, the strange girl following the direction of his head and staring at caroline, "she'll help you get dressed."

grabbing the clothes mike gave, caroline also grabbed—but gently—the girl's arm and led her towards the bathroom. mike helped her walk towards the room and was about to close the door but the girl placed her hand in between.

"you don't want it closed?"

caroline titled her head as she waited for the girl to respond. she did, shocking both her and mike, "no."