ೃ⁀➷ xxi. wanted by the goverment

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

it took a while for the group of kids to get settled and sit down on the floor, but with caroline harrington's demanding demanour, they eventually did. picking up sticks around them, lucas sinclair began explaining what hawkins lab was like.

"the gate's gotta be in there somewhere," lucas finally concluded and caroline just stared at the ground, at the sticks. "it's gotta be."

"well, who owns hawkins lab?" dustin henderson asked. caroline was about to answer, but stopped herself as she looked around and kicked the ground underneath her. because while mike wheeler, eleven, lucas and dustin were sitting on the ground, the redhead couldn't keep still and began walking around them in circles.

"the sign says "department of energy," lucas said.

dustin looked confused, "department of energy? what do you think that means?"

unwrapping her arms that were crossed on top of her chest, caroline stops walking, "goverment. it means government. military."

"then why does it say energy?" caroline looked at him with a when am i wrong? yeah, that's what i thought, shut the fuck up. he shut his mouth.

"carrie's right. there's soldiers out front."

"do they make, like, light bulbs or something?"

caroline rolled her eyes, "they make weapons, to fight the russians, and commies and stuff."

"weapons," lucas gasped.

"oh, jesus, this is bad," dustin exclaimed.

"really bad. the place is like a fortress."

"well, what do we do?" mike asked looking at caroline, who seemed to be in her own little world as she kicked on the dirt and was mumbling stuff as she walked around.

he looked between his two friends, who had their own little discussion. mike then glanced at eleven, who was staring at dustin and lucas. he smiled as he stood up and walked towards caroline. "hey," mike said as he went to walk on her left side; both of them going in circles.

caroline turned to mike and smiled. "oh, hey, mike," she said before pursing my lips, "i'm so hungry i could eat a horse right now."

mike laughed as he reached into his pockets and handed her a nutty bar. "it's not a horse but..."

she turned to him and the smile she had on her face was so much wider as she grabbed the good. mike laughed as he watched her devour it. he was about to say something when the sound of a helicopter broke them out of their thought.

dustin turns to them, "guys? do you hear that?"

looking up, the smile on caroline's face is wiped away as the kids place their bikes under the bus and go inside. while dustin insisted there had to be a smarter option, caroline explained to her how it was not. run away? do you really thing we can outrun a helicopter? stay put? do i need to explain!? there argument was cut short when mike pulled her away.