ೃ⁀➷ xiv. swedish family

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

eleven had rode caroline harrington's bike to hawkins middle school. and as the group of five walked inside the main door, the girl with powers stuck close to the redhead harrington.

"okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad," caroline said as they made their way towards the av club room. dustin, lucas and mike turn towards eleven and starts making 'sad expressions' which eleven mimics.

then, the pa speaks, "attention students, there will be an assembly to honor will byers in the gymnasium now. do not go to fourth period."

ignoring the principal's words, mike turns the doorknob to the av club room but frowns when it doesn't open. "it's locked."

"hey, do you think you can open it? with your powers?" caroline asks eleven.

but before the 'blonde' girl could respond, mr. clark shows up behind dustin and lucas, a confused look on his face. "boys? caroline?" he scans the group. "assembly's about to start."

"we know. we're just, you know..." mike said, trying to find the right words.

"upset," lucas said, with a smile on his face. caroline nudges him, causing the sinclair boy's smile to turn into a frown.

"it's just that... we needed some time alone. we know the assembly is to honor will, but the people out there never cared for will. we did. i guess... i— we wanted to stay in the room to remember will the way we can," caroline said, going on a rant. the lie was so well said, even her friends thought it was true.

"yeah, listen... i get it. i do. i know how hard this is, but let's just be there for will, huh? and then... the heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. what do you say?" he throws the keys to mike, who catches it with a smile. then, mr. clark turns to eleven, "i don't believe we've met. what's your name?"

"eleven—"

"eleanor, my second cousin," caroline said, so smooth as though lying were so easy. "she's here for will's funeral."

"ah, well, welcome to hawkins middle, eleanor. i wish you were here under better circumstances."

"thank you."

"uh, where are you from exactly?"

"bad place—"

"sweden!" mike interjects. "care has a lot of swedish family."

"she hates it there," dustin said.

"cold!" lucas adds.

"shall we?" mr. clarke says.

"yep!" caroline said, as they all made it towards the gymnasium.

dustin, lucas and eleven were walking just behind mr. clarke, as mike and caroline walked a few feet away from them.

"care has a lot of swedish family?" caroline whispered as she hid a laugh.

mike's cheeks turn beat red. "what? i didn't know what else to say."

"you're such a nerd, wheeler," caroline said as she moved closer towards eleven, not seeing the smile on mike's face.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

ˏˋ°•*⁀➷D SPEAKS!

HAHSHAA HI GUYS, MY BFS, IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING my cousin stayed over my house for like a whole week and i couldnt write at all and now i have to fix a bunch of stuff cause school is starting in a couple weeks whoops