C4- a new beginning

Chapter Four - a new beginning

[Y/N'S]

The conversation didn't last long when Thomas and the others entered one room, which we thought was an exit.

It turned out to be a lab - an underground laboratory. Something bad had happened here as I could see fresh blood stains on the wall. Few workers were lying on the ground - lifeless. While Thomas and the others were watching some kind of pre-recorded video of a blonde woman talking about the virus and what so ever, I was busy scanning a few documents on the table.

Then, I spotted something that I wish I had never seen. Yet, before I could even react, someone grabbed my wrist, which made me look at him.

"Let's get out of here, Y/N," Newt said.

I left behind what I had just seen and followed him. Before we could even leave, we heard a familiar voice behind us. We turned back with in surprise.

Gally.

"No."

"Stay behind me," Newt told me.

This guy Gally was insane. Teresa said that he had been stung as he started to cry and refused to let us go. I gazed at his hand, and he was holding the 'key'.

He pointed the gun at us. Yet, this asshole Minho was fast as he impaled Gally on his chest. It left us a big shock until I spotted Chuck falling on the ground.

"Chuck!" I put his head on my arms while my other hand was on his cheeks. My hands were trembling because there was something in me that made me sad - like an old wound started to bleed again.

He was shot- Gally got him.

"No, no. Chuck, listen to me..." my voice squeaky.

"Y/N, I hope you will meet your family...and regain your memory back..." he said as he held my hand.

The feeling of blue overtook me when someone pulled my arms.

"Come on, shuck face. We have to go!"

"No- Chuck no!"

When we left, I felt as if a part of me also left me. The feeling of loss stabbed me.

We were loaded into a helicopter, and I was sitting beside Thomas with Minho's eyes bored into me.

"You alright?" Thomas asked. "I'm sorry..." he cried.
"You don't have to apologize. It's none of your fault..."

"We're free now, Y/N..." Newt said.

As Thomas sat so close to me, our shoulders touched- which gave me a slight feeling of pain, where I wasn't able to remember.

"Y/N...I'm sorry..." Thomas's voice in my head. "I'd failed."

"Do we know each other?" I replied.

"I know you. Of course, I do. Did they erase your memory about me?"

"They? Who are they? And what makes them erase my memory?"

"WCKD. Take some rest. We'll talk soon." Thomas said as he slowly drifted to sleep. That was when I saw Teresa staring at me like she heard my conversation with Thomas. Her glare sent me a shiver. I've seen those glares before. A glare was full of hate.

Apparently, there was nothing to stare at other than Minho.

"Stop staring, shuck face." He said.

"Excuse you. I never stare at you." I rolled my eyes.

[MINHO'S]

She rolled her eyes at me as she looked away. She made me feel annoyed, but sometimes, teasing her made me feel happy. She knew that I was staring at her, but admitting that I'd stared at her would make my sassy's reputation go down.

[Y/N'S]

From the corner of my eyes, I could see him smiling. But whatever, he was still an asshole.

"You did." He refused to lose.

"Asshole."

I didn't realize how tired I was until I fell asleep.

[Edited on: 03rd August 2023 🌿]