C18 - "Do you still love your husband?"

Chapter 18 — "Do you still love your husband?"

I woke up in start with a bead of sweat on my forehead. 'Thomas...' I murmured.

The short-haired woman approached me. "Hey..." Her voice was hazy, and it still sounded familiar to me.

I let out a heavy sigh, "What happened?" I massaged my temple.

The short-haired woman sat beside me, "I'm sorry that I knocked you out a few moments before. Do you need anything? Water?"

After I drank the water they gave, they introduced themselves as Brenda and Jorge.

"My guess is true. She's A0." Brenda said, "She's the most important property for W.C.K.D." They lay their eyes on me with dread settled down on their faces.

Jorge sighed, "They will be here soon—"

"What do you mean? Where are you taking them? Where's Thomas?" I glared at them because I knew they must be taking them somewhere.

"I guess she still loves him." Jorge walked out of the room.

"Brenda," I stood up, "where's Thomas?" Instead of answering, Brenda loaded her gun. "Answer me."

She gave me a look of defeat, "do you still love your husband?"

I frowned at her questions. "M-My husband?" For a moment, the dreams of last night scrambled through my head.

'Thomas will be your spouse', Ava's words lingered in my mind.

"Thomas. Do you still love Thomas as your husband?" Brenda urged, and I didn't know how to answer her question. My mind hurt knowing Thomas was indeed a part of my life before.

He's my husband, I thought. But do I love him before? "Y-Yes...and where is he?" I stammered as if I was afraid to admit my feelings toward Thomas.

She stroked my arms, "I never thought you'd be this far." Brenda sighed, "Do you remember it all now?"

I remembered it now.
Thomas once was my husband as we were forced to get into an arranged marriage to find the cure.