C13 - the forgotten memories

Chapter thirteen — the forgotten memories

[Y/N]

I leaned on the wall while thinking about my dream. I gazed at the others who were still gaining their energy while eating something from their backpacks. My heart pained as to what I hid from them. Despite having a weird dream about them, there was one dream that I wished...it was just a dream and not a glimpse of my past but I could feel every detail in that dream —as if it did happen to me. Their voices were drowned by my loud thoughts when I reflected on the dream.

The noises from outside made me shiver. I've been hiding in this room, away from the crazies. They had banged the door, throwing knives and stabbing people in any part of their bodies. Nothing was normal ever since they were shot by the darts. The only shelters that I ever had now had perished. Sooner or later, I would lose my mind and die like the rest of the crazies in this ruined settlement.

I covered my ears once a blast of shotgun filled the household. I could only cry, remembering everything that happened to the world a year ago that made me lose everything I ever had. The door slammed open as a figure of a man walked in. His eyes darted to me with his shotgun in his hands.

He didn't hesitate to hug me and recite how grateful he was to see me again. Then...a word popped up in my head as I realized something about him. Yet, before I could say anything, another man stormed into the room.

"Mark," the man called, "they are not here, we need to go now."

"Y/N!" Thomas's voice brought my senses back as I looked at him. "We need to get moving."

That was the first and last dream I had about this man named 'Mark', and a part of me wished that I could have another dream of him.