C9 - A kiss from Minho

Chapter Nine - A Kiss from Minho

[ Y/N'S ]

That night, I had another dream. I was back in the previous room - nighttime, and Minho wasn't there. "This is just a dream..." I murmured. While scanning the room's interior, a doorbell rang, which sent me a bit of a jolt. As if my feet were glued to the floor, the doorbell rang again.

Walking downstairs, there was no sight of Ava Paige anymore. Once I opened the main door, Minho stood at the front door - all wet as if it was raining cats and dogs outside. "Minho?"

Both hands were on his arms as he shivered out of the cold. "May I come inside?" he pleaded.

I moved to the side and allowed him to come in as I closed the door. "What happened to you?" I scanned him up and down.

"It's not safe. You must leave." He panicked with pure terror in his eyes.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" I tried not to think of anything negative. "We're safe here, Minho. They've been protecting us until now, and you shouldn't be worried about anything." I reassured him.

Minho grasped both of my arms, "no! No, we're not safe here!!" He shouted, which made me terrified, "I'm sorry...it just...I'm afraid."

Minho - the keeper of the runner, was not scared of anything. He might be sometimes, but he was the type of person who won't make it obvious. I removed his hands and pulled him into an embrace. "It's okay..." I broke the hug after a while, "Tell me what's going on?"

"They will take me." He whispered, "Not only me...but all of us."

"They? Who are they?"

He caressed my cheek. "I love you." He recited.

I looked at him in disbelief. "You...what?"

"You don't have to return the feeling. I just want to let you know," he sniffed, "just so I won't be overwhelmed with regrets for not telling you about my feelings."

"Minho...what's going on? Who are they and where are they taking you?" I asked sternly. I thought he would answer. Instead, he connected our lips with both of his hands on my cheeks- cupping my cheeks softly to deepen the kiss. I was too stunned to react so he pulled away and let our forehead touch.

"They are not what we think they are. They are liars, it all happened because of them..." Minho whispered, "You must find a way out...soon, they will take you, doesn't matter even though you're their favorite and the key."

"What...what key?" I whispered.

"If we ever meet again...and we forget each other, or I forget about you, just know that we've been like this before everything happens." He left a soft kiss on my forehead and looked into my eyes. "You've been here with me since the beginning and I can't pay for everything you've done for me." With that, he left another passionate kiss on my lip.

[Edited on: 19th August 2023 🌿]